How long did it take you to love your RNY?

Angelena1978
on 7/31/12 1:52 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
 I am a week out and have really been struggling this past week and am having some serious buyers remorse. Everyone keeps saying it will get better but right now it doesnt feel like it :****ep seeing all these posts about how people love their surgery...how long did it take you to get there?  Or did you love it right off the bat?  

Angela 

GraceGirl
on 7/31/12 1:52 pm
I love my RNY...I am 3 weeks out.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Leslie M.
on 7/31/12 1:56 pm - AL
I felt like I had been hit by an 18-wheeler for the first week!  It sucked.....alot.
But it does get better.  Kept reminding myself of all the reasons I wanted surgery and even made a new list....to include shopping for new clothes, riding amusement park rides, etc....

When I was 3 months out and saw significant loss in before and after pics.....I LOVED my RNY....and it kept getting better......I am 4.5 yrs out and still love it!

Wish you the best and hang in there!  It's worth it.

Leslie
Cherokeesage
on 7/31/12 2:03 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I got such relief from pain when the band was removed that I didn't really feel anything but happy from the time I woke up. I can't tell anything has been done as far as the RNY.  Hopefully, you soon feel much better. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

madeformore
on 7/31/12 2:15 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I will be 6 weeks out on Thursday. I was annoyed, wondering why I had done this, from weeks 2-4 when my scale wasn't budging an ounce. I kept wondering why I had done something so extreme for nothing. The scale started moving around the same time I saw some major changes in some pictures. I am pretty happy now with the way things are going - and am thrilled that I am finally at the point where getting to a healthy weight no longer seems impossible!

Hang in there hun!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

WifeMama
on 7/31/12 2:50 pm
RNY on 06/21/12
The first couple of weeks were definitely tough and I questioned myself, however at 4 weeks out I was for sure loving it! 
AmberLee72
on 7/31/12 3:04 pm
It took me a good 12 weeks. I truly hated my life until then lol. It will get better!!! I promise!
LibraState
on 7/31/12 3:09 pm - York, PA
For me the first three months sucked emotionally. It has definitely gotten better since then. I also suffer from depression so it may have taken a bit longer for the happy to set in due to that. I still have my ups and downs but I am 7 months out and 135 pounds lighter and think the surgery was the best decision I have ever made. I am much healthier off alt of the med I was on I can fit in a booth or chair with arms! I went from a size 36 pants to now a size 24 pants. So don't worry it will get better, this is a big deal your mind and body are going through major changes just hang in there. My husband is actually going in for his RNY this Thursday so we will be working the program together.
mirlyn2012
on 7/31/12 3:18 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
about 8 weeks. I had buyers remorse til then. Bad. I cried lol.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
hylow
on 7/31/12 4:04 pm
probably the odd one out but it took me 5-6 months before I stopped regretting it. I'm finally to the point where I'm glad I did it. On the bright side, those months went by pretty quick.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 271 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 111 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?