I know I am not supposed to but ...

wmamey
on 8/2/12 7:27 am
RNY on 06/18/12
I eat in front of my computer!! I find it a great way to relax, log my foods in, and catch up here. I use the clock on my computer to watch how long I am eating. Now I don't do this everyday though.

Does anyone else do this?

poet_kelly
on 8/2/12 7:33 am - OH
All the time.  I don't see a problem with it unless it causes you to overeat or something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

christinalee
on 8/2/12 7:47 am - At Home in, NH
What Kelly said, and of course spilling food and crap in the keyboard. That's a IT persons's *** that would be me) nemesis...crap in the keybaord (CITK). I eat dinner (using a plate and utensils) very mindfully while reading OH and logging my food. I do believe it can be a problem if it's mindless eating and grazing. You aren't doing that right, I mean you are having your "meals" while computing?

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/2/12 8:06 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Eating at the computer actually helps me eat slowly which I need. I take a bite, read a post and the replys and take another bite. It works well for me.

Lori                               

Larry Wassmann
on 8/2/12 8:46 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Well I try not to be on the computer while I eat and try to think of what I am doing. Sometimes I get to talking and forgetting what I am doing and the GOD of pouch gets me. I don't chew well and eat to fast and have to use  the round device in the bathroom. Our pouches have a way of correcting our bad habits. If you can get away with it, go for it, but I am a scatter brain and would eat way to fast and have to pay for it. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Pam T.
on 8/2/12 8:48 am - Saginaw, MI
 If your food is measured and portioned correctly, then it doesn't matter where you eat. But if the computer (or tv or reading) during eating causes you to overeat without realizing it, then don't do it.  It's good that you're watching the clock for how long you're eating, but remember that's not the only factor to take into account. I can pack in a lot of calories in 20 minutes if I'm mindlessly shoving unmeasured, unportioned food in my mouth while I'm distracted. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics