90 pounds lost but im a little disappointed

sarahmathis1681
on 8/3/12 4:09 am
RNY on 02/13/12
 so im 5 1/2 months post op and i expected to have lost more by now i know 90 pounds is alot of weight but i still feel disappointed in myself that i should have lost more than that by now is this a normal feeling plz help thanks

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

TXKashmir
on 8/3/12 4:14 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I see folks post things like this all the time, so I think you are normal. Having said that, I, personally never felt that way. 90 pounds in just five months is AMAZING! Have you ever lost so quickly before? Keep up the great work, and just enjoy your success!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

ready2be140
on 8/3/12 4:17 am - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 I agree with the last post-90 pounds is incredible - and I have seen many posts that so many people lose 100 pounds by 6 months so you seem to be right in the norm .  My surgery should be at end of this month so I will tell you one thing-I will be doing the happy dance if my success is as great as yours at 5 1/2 month out.   You've done good!!
Carol M.
on 8/3/12 4:19 am - TX
 I think we all get into that way of thinking, but it is misguided. Ask yourself when in your lifetime have you lost an average of 16+ pounds in 5 straight months???? Never!  So why should you think you should lose it all in that time? It certainly took longer than that to gain it in the first place didn't it.  It took me a year to lose that much. I saw my doctor yesterday and was told that I had exceeded the expectations of the surgery.  Meaning that  for me they expected me to lose only between 80-90 lbs. total. Because typically we only lose 70% of our excess weight.  I have lost 120 lbs. And they think I can still lose more if I switch to a typical Mediterrean diet ...  meaning all vegetable. Probably not going to happen.  I don't know how much you wanted to lose, but 90 lbs. in that time frame is a success by any standard.
Carol , East Texas
hedrider
on 8/3/12 4:20 am - Midlothian, TX
 At less than 6 months you've lost almost 100 pounds!  Stop being down on yourself.  That's quite a feat!
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

sarahmathis1681
on 8/3/12 4:22 am
RNY on 02/13/12
 very true it took me over 2 years to gain the weight and i would never lost 90 pounds in 5 months on my own before surgery thanks i needed the support my depression is getting the better of me today

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

jujubee4224
on 8/3/12 4:24 am
RNY on 04/09/12
That is an amazing weight loss. Don't compare yourself to anyone else weight loss. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Sherry T.
on 8/3/12 4:48 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Your kidding right?   It took me 2 years to lose 115 pounds on Weigh****chers.....only to gain it back within a year or two plus 35 pounds.   I hope I can meet that goal in 5 1/2 months....went looking through all those clothes hanging in my closet (just today) that I wore maybe one season....some still with the tags on them....and got excited at the thoughts of getting there before year end. 

Just know if you're doing all you can do and then the weight loss will come....getting healthy is the first priority...easier said than done when the scale isn't moving....we made this commitment for the rest of our lives....it's only going to get better!  Hang in there chicka!  Heads up!  
macjuicy
on 8/3/12 4:51 am - FL
Please say your joking.... Have you ever lost 90lbs in 5 1/2 months? thats a major accomplishment! sorry to LOL but your post is funny

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

happy_baker
on 8/3/12 5:10 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 Please do not make me have to come over there and smack you with a noodle.

90 pounds??  In 5 and a half months? Seriously?  That's, like, 4 lbs a week!  That's amazing. 
I think what you're feeling IS pretty normal, but I would like to strongly urge to really sit down with yourself and figure out what number WOULD be satisfactory. Would you be satisfied if you'd lost 95 pounds? 100? Were you expecting to be at goal by now? And if so, why?  

Imagine if your post had been written by a good friend of yours. What would you tell her? 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 175 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?