feels like everything gets stuck...:(

christigayle
on 8/5/12 3:10 am
 I just had my surgery on August 2nd and since then if i drink or eat any thing feels like it gets stuck right between my breast on the inside and is very painful. Is this normal? If so when does it go away?     I did have a hernia repair while in surgery, could that be the reason for that pain?
Relic_Goddess
on 8/5/12 3:22 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
1)sip your liquids slowly and in very tiny sips

2) you may also have gas pain, I also had a hiatal hernia repair and swallowing more than an once in a sitting was torture

christigayle
on 8/5/12 10:17 am
I will for sure try that...Thank you!
flyingwoman
on 8/5/12 4:28 am
You are probably drinking too quickly. I am assuming that you are not eating anything besides full fluids.

For the first couple of weeks, find yourself a measuring spoon, and when you drink anything at all (water, yogurt, broth, milk, protein shake) measure out one tablespoon, sip it slowly, then set a timer for 15 mins. Don't take anything else until the timer goes off. It is very annoying, and you have to do it all day to ensure you get enough fluids, but it will likely resolve the pain you get when drinking.

After 2 weeks, take 2 tablespoons and then 15 mins.

christigayle
on 8/5/12 10:19 am
 Thank you for the advice...I will try that :)
Angel-MJ
on 8/5/12 7:07 am - Barrie, Canada
I had surgery April 18/2012 and I am still experiencing the same thing, I am on a acid reducer till I can go and see my family doctor and that seems to help.  I went to the hospital that I had the surgery at and the nurse practioner told me to follow up with my family doctor if it continues.  That kind of ticked me off, they performed the surgery wouldn't you think they would of tried to find out what the problem is??? Anyways I go to the family doctor on Aug. 15 and hopefully they will find out what the problem is.   So my comment was not helpful at all but at least you know you are not alone.  Take care and try sipping slowly, it's a pain but maybe that will help.

christigayle
on 8/5/12 10:23 am
 I did think i was the only one with this problem and it scared me because the pain was so intense. I pray it dosent last very long....Thank you for your comment  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics