Dreamfields Pasta anyone???

JasminaL5
on 8/5/12 7:00 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 So a friend of mine told me about Dreamfields pasta. She purchased it for her MIL bc she is a diabetic. The pasta is "Carb friendly." So I of course went and purchased a pack. Here are the nutritional facts:

2 Oz Dry Spaghetti  190 Cals
Total Fat 1g
Total Carbs 41g
    Dietary Fiber 5g
    Soluble Fiber 3g
    Insoluble Fiber 2g
    Sugars 1g
Protein 7g

So the box says only 5g of Digestible Carbs,  "Like other premium pasta, Dreamfields is made from durum wheat semolina, which is why it tastes great. However, Dreamfields patent pendingformula and unique manufacturing process creates a matrix within the pasta, protecting 31 grams of carbohydrates from being digested."

So what do you guys think? 

swoozieq67
on 8/5/12 7:43 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
I am terrified of any type of pasta, potatoes, white rice, white flour...it looks as if they have engineered the food with their "unique" manufacturing process. This also scares me...but then again I cannot tolerate meat either.
Ever since my WLS I have a very different way of looking at and accepting food. It has to be in its most natural state for me to eat it. A lot of raw unprocessed foods...

Let us all know how it works out for you, I am sure that there are other more adventurous eaters than me that would like to know. lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/5/12 7:46 am - OH
There were some serious questions about whether the Dreamfield's claim on the carbs was true a while back and a number of people with diabetes were reacting to it the same as "regular" pasta.  I don't know whether it is true or not, but I avoid pasta just because it takes up WAY too much room even in my 5-year-old pouch.  Protein first, always.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/5/12 8:08 am - Windsor, Canada
 http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

lilbear412
on 8/5/12 9:02 am - MN
 Yeah what Lora said.  But I do eat pasta..very little of it but i will have 1/4 cup once in awhile or maybe a bit more sometimes.  Pasta takes up a lot of space quickly in my pouch and i try not to do the carbs.  But i am also one who thinks anything is good in moderation the more you keep yourself from stuff the more you want it but MODERATION is the key.  When i do eat Pasta i eat the Barilla Plus.  I probably eat a little bit of pasta a couple times a month...same as potatoes and i eat rice a bit more but still i only eat about 1/4 cup when i do eat it.  Ultimately, its up to you what you want to put in your body just be reasonable.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

exohexoh
on 8/5/12 9:04 am - West Chester, PA
 i eat it just because i have it, but once it's gone i'll probably switch back to regular for the rare occassion i have pasta. it just doesn't taste too good to me, whether their claims are true or not. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

JasminaL5
on 8/5/12 9:38 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 Well, I tried 2 ozs of it with Rao's marinara sauce. It tasted fine. I am doing fine afterwards. I was craving pasta badly for some reason and when I heard about Dreamfields I just had to try it. That was the first time that I had pasta after surgery. 

Jen V.
on 8/5/12 2:46 pm - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 When I was on a low carb diet a few years back, I tried it and it gave me a bad stomach ache and really bad gas. The taste is okay. Like someone else said, it is a scam. http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud  As far as pasta goes, I like the veggie pasta. http://ronzonigardendelight.newworldpasta.com/pasta_nutritio n.cfm?prodId=007130080068

flyingwoman
on 8/5/12 3:57 pm
I've had a box sitting on my shelf for two years, and still not interested in trying it. Pasta sits soooooo HEAVY.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views