Doctor Said I'm ready to go...now I'm shakin!!!!

dinas27
on 8/9/12 4:48 pm - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
Ok, so Ive done all my reasearch, got all my ducks in a row, now the surgen has asked for a date I want the surgery, and now i'm shaking!!!!  I keep looking at my daughter (shes 8) and thinking how nice it will be to be able to do things with her, and have energy.  Doesnt stop the shaking though..lol
brenlee1965
on 8/9/12 7:31 pm - New Berlin, NY
WHEN?? Shakin cause nervous or excited or both? I wish you the most success and that this surgery will give you mobility to do things with your daughter.
 Bren                
stlfocus
on 8/9/12 8:19 pm - IA
I sure remember that shaky feeling well when I opened the approval letter.  The insurance company didn't call me - just sent me a letter.  I was totally unprepared when I opened the letter.

I was shaking from "OMG it's really going to happen"  to "OMG am I sure I really want to do this?"  You don't know if you are shaking from excitement or sheer terror.

Good luck with everything.  Best things I ever did!

BillieBadass
on 8/9/12 8:42 pm - Maineville, OH
RNY on 09/17/12
 I was just recently approved as well and I completely understand!  I have three kids, ages 11, 4, and 2 (baby's 2nd bday is in 20 minutes actually!), and I cannot wait to be able to keep up with them, but at the same time, I'm scared as hell about all of this.  What if I don't make it?  All those horrible things that you don't want to let yourself think about.  I have lists and lists of all the things I am looking forward to, but my emotions are all over the place.  This is the beginning of a whole new life!  That's plen ty to shake about!

Good luck with everything!  I think I am going to tell my surgeon that mid-September works best for me.  Fingers crossed!

-Billie
dinas27
on 8/10/12 6:07 am - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
Thank you! I am a very happy nervous and a very scared nervous.  I look at my daughter and think, am I being selfish by doing this? What if something goes wrong?  And yet my doctor said, But what if you die from being overweight.  I'm just scared, and excited.  It kind of reminds me of when I found out I was going to have a baby.  Thank you for your support, I appreciate it.  I am going to schedule the surgery in September.  I want this done and want to start my new journey.  If anyone is interested in a "weight loss pal" for support, I would love to find one. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views