Aw C'mon!! When does the hair loss stop?!!!

mimijo
on 8/11/12 4:41 pm
Can you all give some guidelines for when this darned hair loss stops?  I am 8 months post surgery and wondering when this will stop?  Will I have hair left?  This is crazy.  I get all my protein, vitamins, biotin etc.  I thought it would have stopped by now!  Arghhhhhh!

Mimi Jo

BWB
on 8/11/12 4:48 pm
AT 11 1/2 months my hair is a fright. It stopped falling out but is taking forever to grow back. It is very uneven. A bunch of it is 1 inch to 2 inches long. I should have it all cut off like chemo therapy patients but I'v never had a hair cut I liked. My best friend is a cute, sparkly baseball like cap.

mimijo
on 8/11/12 4:53 pm
did you have thin hair before the surgery?  When did it stop falling out?

Mimi Jo

BWB
on 8/11/12 5:01 pm
 It wasn't terribly thin and it is hard to tell when it stopped falling out because you are always losing some hair.  It truly looks like a scare crow.  My mother is in her grave or where ever saying, " why doesn't she do something with that hair?"  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/12 5:07 pm - OH
I lost literally half of my hair.  Mine started falling out during month 4 post-op (I was starting to think I might be one of the lucky ones who don't lose much hair because it usually starts in month 3... ha!  I wish!) and it stopped during month 9. I was starting to worry that it nwas never going to stop coming out. I had a 9-week long stall that started during month 9, so the only good thing about that month was that the hair loss stopped.  For me it actually stopped rather suddenly instead of tapering off.  (I honestly don;t know how common that is.  it might be unusual or it might be very typical)  It was the foillowing month that I noticed a bunch of tiny, thin hairs standing straight up in the part in my hair.

If you are 8 months out, it should be stopping soon.  Hang in there. It will stop.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

april89love
on 8/11/12 5:19 pm - NC
Mine fell out for 6 straight months and had started growing back. Now I am losing the new growth. It is very disheartening.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Vella
on 8/11/12 5:40 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
That is one of my fears!  I have very long hair and it will kill me to have to cut it off!  Of course, when I look at the results in the mirror, I hope it will take my mind off it.RNY 8/20/12
Vella        
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 5:50 pm - waukesha, WI
Stop at 9 1/2 months out.
Cindyloowho
on 8/11/12 8:25 pm - London, Canada
 I hear you about the long hair, I would hate to have it come out as I have said for years now that my hair was the only thing that I could control so if it fell out..........oh boy..... I have thin hair also so I would be bald.  I think whenever I have the surgery that will be one of my fears...hopefully if I was thin then it would be worth it in the end, that is for sure
Bonnie_wbm
on 8/11/12 10:54 pm - FL
How much Biotin are you taking? My hair started to come out in month 4 and continued until about month 8. I had long, thick and beautiful natural curly hair! I was so upset, looked as if I was going bald on top. My weightloss has helped soothe the disappointment with the hair loss. I too had not experienced any hairloss for up to 4 months, so I thought I was safe. It is worth everything that we go through to become healthy and happy again. I am so very proud of my accomplishments. This surgery is a great start, but if you do not follow your eating plan, you can fail. I do not think that normal, healthy or skinny people realize it at all, this work daily! :))) I am hitting the protein hard because I too had a stall of about 4 1/2 to 5 weeks.

Good luck everyone! Happy  Protein!!!

SW 330 GW 135 CW 241    
Most Active
Recent Topics