Oh Ouchie

NEPoppy
on 8/16/12 6:15 pm - Hastings, NE
OK, so I said I wouldn't ever do it again, and I SWORE I would eat slowly so I didn't eat too much.

and fast forward to now.....I did eat too much and i didn't eat slowly enough. grrrr I have been so stressed out because i am not getting enough caloric intake and my weight is kind of stalling out. i thought if i just ate a few more pieces of beef at dinner than usual i could get some extra protein and calories in.

Now i am miserable and in pain. ugh. i know it will pass in a half hour or so, but until then i just get to sit here rocking back and forth because it hurts so bad!!!!!

WHY does my pouch hate me?!?!?!?!

:(

Poppy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL6VY86/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wL6VY86/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Dave Chambers
on 8/16/12 6:20 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Beef is one of the proteins that is often hard to digest by most post ops. Most surgeons don't give the "go ahead" for cuts of beef until 5-6 months post op.  Ground beef is usually tolerated better first.  Get some chewable papaya enzyme--it helps disgest proteins and you'll likely feel better sooner the next time you repeat this "performance".  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

MrsLitch
on 8/16/12 7:15 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Most surgeons don't until 5-6 months really? I've been eating beef per doc since pureed stage. In fact pureed garlic steak was one of my faves!

The only beef that hasn't set well for me is filet mignon and I think it was too rich.

Pork on the other hand.... ugh

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Dave Chambers
on 8/16/12 7:57 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I was referring to "real food" not food ran through a blender.  As a pureed food, it's more like a slider food, not likely to stay in pouch or require much to digest it.  "Real beef" is usually tolerated by more tender cuts (filet mignon or prime rib) or a cut of beef that has been marinated or cooked in a crock pot.  Traditional steaks still give my gut fits at 6 years post op. Each time I try a little steak, I have to take several papaya enzymes.  I really like bison burgers, eating have a 1/3 pound patty at a time on whole wheat toast, mustard and onions.  It's got half the fat and almost twice the protein as standard beef burger. It's so lean, I only need 2 minutes in my Rocketgrill to cook a patty, whereas a beef patty takes 3 minutes in the same Rocketgrill. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

MissK123456789
on 8/16/12 6:43 pm - PA
Oh Poppy,

I was feeling your pain this morning.  I ate breakfast too soon after taking my meds.  The meds alone are almost 1/4 cup!  I was miserable as well.  I called the nutrionist who was no help but I'll keep plugging along and figure it out. 

Maybe next time a protein shake instead of extra roast beef?  :)  Good luck!

Karen
MrsLitch
on 8/16/12 7:17 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
your pouch doesn't hate you it's just reminding you to listen to it when it says enough.

Sorry you are going through this. I hate the times I've done it (3). I actually think it's caused a mental block where now I'm afraid to eat more. I did push myself the other night and got 3 oz of meatloaf in but I would be afraid to pu**** with anything else.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Princess Brandy
on 8/16/12 7:19 pm - PA
 That stinks, hope your feeling better!
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
Allen Y.
on 8/17/12 12:05 am - Garland, TX
 Your pouch is telling you it loves you in the only good way it can. it's telling you not to behave this way and if you do it again you will be sick.

The next time you get in the same situation, think about how long you were misirible and think also about how you felt when you were at your maximum weight.

Then change your behavioir accordingly.

PS, I have had my share of my body telling me 'HEY DUD, don't ever eat like that again".

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views