Surgery Face?

DebsGiz
on 8/30/12 3:52 am - FL

That's the biggest crock of crap I've heard in a long while...

You really gotta wonder what kind of scary **** goes on in the minds of the peeps who actually think these thoughts and then let those thoughts come out of their mouths...
swoozieq67
on 8/30/12 4:35 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
LIKE ^^^ I agree with your comment 100%

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/30/12 10:53 am - OH
So all the people who DO experience that transient period of gauntness are just full of ****!?  thart's pretty harsh.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

DebsGiz
on 8/30/12 5:05 pm - FL

The comment was that ALL people who have wls have the gaunt look when this is simply not true.  Some do experience it, but not ALL.

My remark was to the comment being stated about everyone having the look, not about the folks who do have the experience.
jewel-twin
on 8/30/12 4:30 am - Canada
its not "Surgery face" everyone who looses a lot of weight, for the people who knew them fat, see a gaunt looking face.... but here is the thing...I never knew any of you fat or thin... and I haven't see a surgery face yet... a THIN face, yes, a sick gaunt face....Nope...

I think they are just getting used to you looking different then what they know you to look like....

and BTW its really rather rude of them to say that to you... the term 'surgery face' ...yuck...
Tiffani A.
on 8/30/12 5:19 am - Virginia Beach, VA
 I've noticed it too. I thought it was just WLS patients, but if you watch the Biggest Loser, i noticed it on Kim this last season. It's just a look, like everyone else said. Maybe it's due to the rapid weight loss.  Try not to let it bother you. From your profile picture, your "surgery face" looks pretty darn good!
PMarie
on 8/30/12 6:21 am - Bloomington, MN
 I went through a brief period where I looked a little gaunt, but now, nearly everyone says they would never have guessed I had surgery-- including my makeup person.  I think it depends on how much weight you carried in your face-- double, triple chins, excess neck fat-- I  had a slight double chin, but not excess fat around the neck.

As far as the head looking too big-- agree, that's a load of crock.  

exohexoh
on 8/30/12 8:39 am - West Chester, PA
 i have one picture where i'm with my sister that i can see it in my face. for me it only lasted maybe 2 months, right around the year mark. which is kind of funny because it wasn't even my lowest weight. but my face looks sort of sunken in and pale. you can even see it on my 1 yr pictures on my profile (don't remember if they are friends only), but my avatar picture was taken like 2 months later and it looks back to normal.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

BWB
on 8/30/12 11:04 am
 I have noticed it in my face and I thought I must be the only one.  I have said that I would rather have a face lift rather than a TT.

Most Active
Recent Topics