Why isn't it ever enough?

nbw
on 8/29/12 2:28 pm
I am one year out, made my goal and even now have gone 2 pounds under goal. But, I still think I need to lose more and I keep resetting a goal. My mind has not caught up with my body. I still see fat. I go to monthly support group meetings and this seems to happen to alot of people. Is anyone else having this problem. I also am starting to get a twinge of pain on my right side of where my stomach would be. Just under the rib bone, any ideas friends? 
 Nancy
Jennifer P.
on 8/29/12 2:33 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 The pain you are experiencing could be gall stones.  You might want to have that checked out.  As for seeing yourself as fat - I have heard from people who are 2-3 years out that they STILL see themselves as fat.  I don't know that self image will ever leave our minds!  But don't let that cause you to be unhealthy!!!  You are doing so well!  Maybe consider seeing the psychologist again?  They are so open to that at my clinic.

Good luck!

happy_baker
on 8/29/12 2:35 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
 Well, how did you determine your goal weight?  If your goal is higher than it should be, and there is legitimate weight left to lose, then by all means, keep losing until you are where you want to be. 

But if your current weight is healthy and you don't have excess weight to lose, and you're just unable to stop, then that's a much bigger, more serious problem. 

I would recommend seeing your doctor and having your body fat percentage done. Your doctor can tell you whether you're doing anything harmful.  If he thinks you are, he can refer you to help. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Jennifer P.
on 8/29/12 2:43 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Good advice! :-)

nbw
on 8/29/12 2:47 pm
 The set my goal at 120 of which I am now 118. I had the Body Composition test done and BMI was 24; 20% fat ; fat mass was 24 pounds. He said I was great and if I lose too much I will look bad. I am 58 years old. I wear a 2 and some 0. So I have nothig to complain about. It's all in my head. I jsut need to get over it and enjoy my new look.
 Nancy
Jennifer P.
on 8/29/12 3:00 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Yes, that is a good attitude to have - enjoy your new look!  Sounds like you are at a perfectly healthy weight.  Don't pu****!

Susan2012
on 8/29/12 3:01 pm
 Good idea!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views