Oh my...refried beans! Yummy!

JanBooth
on 10/13/12 2:51 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
I've read several posts and some blogs about eating refried beans, but I was afraid it would be too heavy or might make me nauseous.  Tonight I was so hungry, didn't really feel like eating the chicken and Greek yogurt (honestly, too lazy to chew, chew, chew) that I had prepared earlier and decided to try some refried beans.
I heated the beans, sprinkled on some shredded cheese, a dollop of Greek yogurt and a squirt of left over Taco Bell sauce packet...OMGosh...sooo good.  Filling, tasty, satisfying and reminds me of something from Taco Bell.  I will definitely have it again.  Can't wait til I can add some diced tomatoes and shredded cheese!  
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

celia1988
on 10/13/12 3:03 pm - WA
I never knew I could love refried beans the way i do now! I never thought to use the yogurt or taco sauce on them.. I did cook up a piece of Turkey bacon and put it in with the whole can in the blender when I was on purreed. I added a little beef broth to make it like bean soup lol... I have a deep appreciation of the refried beans!  Glad to hear I am not alone!

Laurie :-)

HrkCmk35
on 10/13/12 5:06 pm - Oswego, NY
That's hilarious! Of all the things that I was wondering if I could have, refried beans popped into my mind and I was saying to my husband tonight that  I wondered if I could have refried beans. I can't eat any food until Monday but best believe I'm already cooking those beans up in my head! LOL
tjleigh1965
on 10/13/12 6:40 pm - OH
.......Great source of protein...add some grilled chix or ground seasoned turkey on the side...oooh so good..

WildHeart101
on 10/13/12 8:24 pm - Lexington, KY
They were one of the first things I had to eat when I started eating again.....they are very good for you!  Glad to hear you enjoyed them....
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

LiciaLou
on 10/14/12 2:47 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Ohhh Refried Beans ... They are a friend.

My pouch did a little happy dance the first time I had them.  Enjoy!

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

weaverwoman
on 10/14/12 2:54 am - TX
I'm 6 weeks out, and living on protein shakes and refried beans.  They are really the only food I can eat.  The first bite after surgery was the best tasting thing I ever put in my mouth!

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 3:03 am
I like refried beans now so I really hope my tastes don't change!
JanBooth
on 10/14/12 3:27 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
* shredded LETTUCE.....oops! 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views