One month weight check. Devastated

Kay1975
on 10/16/12 12:45 pm - PA
Today is my one month post op. I got on scale at gym and I have only list 6 pounds. I started crying immediately. How is this possible. What am I doing wrong. I'm getting In everything I'm suppose to. I feel like I have tried so hard and it has been for nothing.

Kay Kay

Robin R.
on 10/16/12 12:51 pm - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
People plateu at different times. I'm at 4 days post op and haven't lost a single pound and that's normal, in fact many people GAIN 5-10 lbs just from being on an IV at the hospital. Don't be devastated. There is still PLENTY of time to go by and with all the recovery that you go through in the first month thats not usually the month where the most weight loss happens. The most comes in the 2-6 months.

stitch1769
on 10/16/12 1:03 pm - PA
RNY on 09/10/12
I know how frustrating it can be when the numbers dont meet what we expect them to be especially when you are doing what you aresupposed to do, I'm 5 wks out tomorrow and I lost weight the 1st2 weeks then nothing the next 2 /2 wks I finally started again w/ 2lbs, all  kept being told by my drs was that even if you arent losing lbs you are losing inches, I personally cant see it but different ppl are telling me I look thinner so I guess they re right.... I know its hard to believe this but ultimately I have to keep telling myself that the weight loss numbers will come after all like they say this isnt a race...just hang in there

Kelly L.
on 10/16/12 1:14 pm - San Jacinto, CA
Hey, HEY! Don't be devastated.. You probably gained 10 pounds ( of fluid) after surgery.. And still managed to drop that PLUS six pounds. If it helps... I only lost ten pounds in my first month, I'm almost a year out and have now lost 137 pounds! The point is, you are losing it and not gaining other than the scale disappointment, how are you feeling?

HW 274. CW 129

65rosesmom
on 10/16/12 1:16 pm
 Don't give up.  If you are following protocol it will eventually come off.   I know its disappointing, but don't let it derail you.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Carmen C.
RNY on 08/08/12
Honey.. Totally understand.. read some of my posts.. doctor and I was devasted.. but you know I am following the plan.. - yeah once in a great while.. eat something I am not suppose to.. water is VERY important.. stick to the plan.. excerise.. and it will come off..

My weight loss is slow compared to others.. but feel 100% better..

Don't let it get you down.. I know it's very hard not too.. I have cried.. and yelled and wanted to give up.. but now is my time.. I refused to cry over spilled milk when I still have a large galloon.. So keep pressing doing what u have to do..your body will eventually come around.. ..

Don't give up!

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Astro1
on 10/16/12 2:43 pm
 Listen to Carmen.  She went through alot in the beginning and for quite awhile. Now listen to the wonderful tone in her voice.  You talk about someone who was extremely sad, disappointed and frustrated, yet here she is, losing and check out her pictures!  You will do this.  It's all hard in the beginning.  As time goes by you will start seeing a difference.  There will be ups and downs for all of us for the rest of lives, but we are so much better off where we are at now.  Trust in yourself, even when it seems like nothing is going to change.  I and many others have faith in you.  You just don't see it right now.  We may not know you but we all have more in common than anyone will know.
Keep posting and talk to us when you are happy or sad.  One day you too will be telling a newbie how to hang in there and be support to others.  You really will!   Take care, Jane 
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
RNY on 09/17/12

I don't mean this in a bad way...but I'm SO glad I'm not the only one!  I had this thing in my head where I thought I would've lost like 30lbs in the first month.  I mean, hell, we aren't eating right!  WRONG!!  Not sure why some of us don't lose in the first month like we thought.  Maybe because we're NOT eating enough.  I have not lost what I thought I would've either at a month, but people are making comments so I guess it's enough.  There's no turning back now lol....just hang in there.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

garnetgal
on 10/16/12 1:37 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
I think sometimes the first month can be disappointing because we have such high expectations. Don't stress, just keep following your plan. You WILL see results. Have patience grasshopper!

Kay1975
on 10/16/12 1:53 pm - PA
I'm trying to b patient I am.. its just hurtful to think Damn.. 6 pounds.. I'm calling my doctor in morning to see what they say. Thanks everyone for the wonderful support.

Kay Kay

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 479 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 145 views