Getting Back on Track....NEED ENCOURAGMENT!!

WildHeart101
on 10/13/12 2:12 pm - Lexington, KY

This past July was my 2 year anniversary.  I'm down about 130 lbs, and I have not gained any, however, I need encouragement getting back on track to drop the rest of my weight off.  I ,know everything I need to do, I guess I just lack the support from people who understand.....what would you do if you were off track??  One thing I need to do is start exercising again.....and tracking my calories at myfitnesspal.com, and increasing my protein again.....

Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

JJ_
on 10/13/12 2:42 pm
Okay, so you have identified things that you could do.  It is important to track the amount of protein consumed each day, along with the amount of fluids and vitamins.  Increase your exercise each day by parking further away, or get off the bus a stop or two earlier and walk the rest of the way or take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Good luck !

Judy
WildHeart101
on 10/13/12 8:34 pm - Lexington, KY
Thank you Judy!!
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

Laura in Texas
on 10/13/12 10:12 pm
You are correct. Now just do it!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/13/12 11:26 pm - OH
Yep, the action plan is simple: more protein, more water, more exercise... and fewer non-veggie/fruit/dairy/whole-grain carbs.

Yep, you know what you need to do. Now just remember what life was like before you had your surgery... the physical and emotional toll of being obese. THAT should give you the extra motivation to get back on track before you regain anything.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

christinalee
on 10/13/12 11:57 pm - At Home in, NH
If I were off-track I would #1 - get back to the basics with the food plan, #2 - make sure I got my minimum level of protein each day (and more), #3 - get the hydration ramped back up to peak; #4 - bring exercise back into focus and make it important; #5 - reflect on what brought me success initially and rediscover that impetus; #6 - track my food, every single bite, every single day, #7 - experience success and build on each success; #8 - stay focused - only you can do this - the focus has to be on you and brought about by you; #9 - make a plan for success every single day; #10 - and most importantly - enjoy the journey -- it ain't over til you say it's over...

Of course, it's never that simple, but you keep taking steps (small ones then larger) in the right direction and before you know it, it BECOMES that easy and you BECOME successful and you are conquering new goals and achieving your dreams!

Keep on keeping on....

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
Recent Topics