Online food intake program?

shellykayd
on 10/26/12 11:51 am - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping track of my protien/fat/carbs.  I only had surgery on 10/15/12 so not eating much, but the dietician gave me a range of each to eat per day.  I'm horrible at keeping up with writing it all down on paper, so looking for something online that's easy and hopefully free (or close to it!)

I don't have a smart phone, but do have a Kindle Fire and of course my computer.

I have used Sparkpeople before, but would really like something that is geared toward keeping track for people who have had gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery.

I'm not ready to keep track of my exercise yet (I have trouble breathing just taking a shower still!), but that would be good for later.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Shelly, mom to two special needs kids in Bozeman MT

whitetigress2011
on 10/26/12 1:02 pm - CA
I would be interested in something like this too. I just had surgery on 10/12.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SW : 372 CW: 299 1st GW : 250 2nd GW : 215 DR. GW:201My PG: 180
Anything below is a blessing from GOD

wendydettmer
on 10/26/12 1:08 pm - Rochester, NY

i use myfitnesspal.  it's not geared towards wls patients, but it's easy to go customize your daily intake goals and super easy to track.  

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

slrm2m2
on 10/26/12 1:41 pm - Canada

I use myfitnesspal, too.  It's great.  I've also used fitday.com in the past and that's a good site, too.  Myfitnesspal.com is a bit easier to use and I like its database feature better.  Just customize your goals in accordance with your post-wls stage.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Mike R.
on 10/26/12 2:11 pm - Warner Robins, GA
OH has a food & exercise tracker too. But I use myfitnesspal on my iPhone. Love the UPC barcode function as well as the meal & recipe capability and exercise tracker. Keeps up with daily & weekly calorie, protein, carbs, fat, some vitamins & minerals. And it's FREE.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 2:48 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

Myfitnesspal.com is best in my opinion. Once you get used to tracking your foods, it hold them in memory so it becomes less and less time consuming to use it. I now have recipes stored and it is helping me discipline myself to staying on a routine and not "plump" up recipes or meals or less I will pay for it. 

Andrew L.
on 10/26/12 3:13 pm - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12

I use both myfitnesspal.com and the myfitnesspal app on my phone all the time.

ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

dasie
on 10/26/12 9:10 pm

I use myfitnesspal.com

I have also used nutrimirror.com but I love myfitnesspal.  It is user friendly, free and very easy to use.  In the future when you're ready, you can track exercise too.  I began using it this year after my weight started climbing.  Someone told me to be gut honest and log my food.  A bite here and a bite there, oilive oil here and sesame oil there really adds up.  I needed the visual to make me really honest.  Today I'm going to decrease my daily carb target because I'm allowing too many carbs per day...even though they are healthy carbs.

wmamey
on 10/26/12 10:40 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
On October 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM Pacific Time, shellykayd wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping track of my protien/fat/carbs.  I only had surgery on 10/15/12 so not eating much, but the dietician gave me a range of each to eat per day.  I'm horrible at keeping up with writing it all down on paper, so looking for something online that's easy and hopefully free (or close to it!)

I don't have a smart phone, but do have a Kindle Fire and of course my computer.

I have used Sparkpeople before, but would really like something that is geared toward keeping track for people who have had gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery.

I'm not ready to keep track of my exercise yet (I have trouble breathing just taking a shower still!), but that would be good for later.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

I use the health tracker here. I have used it since I found this site about 2 weeks after surgery. I use it everyday, it tracks the amount of fat/carbs, etc.

MultiMom
on 10/26/12 11:19 pm - NH

I used the one on Livestrong and liked it.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009