Fruit

Angela_Italiana
on 10/30/12 12:15 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Hello again! I am pre-op, but was wondering if those of you who have had surgery are able to eat fruit? I know fruit isn't a source of protein, but I am hoping that our stomachs will be able to handle it.  I love fruit and would be so sad not to be able to have some of it in moderation. Good and good for you!

Thanks 

dacia57
on 10/30/12 12:36 pm

I had surgery 8 days ago and I am on the pureed diet. I have had strawberries, mangos and banana with no problems. I blend them in my shakes. I have been really lucky, nothing has bothered my pouch. I have had spinach, artichokes, and ricotta cheese all no problems. Good luck.

Sheila W.
on 10/31/12 1:25 am

Can I ask where you got your protein smoothie recipes?  I love fruit have pureed frozen peaches and put over cottage cheese but haven't found a really good protein smoothie.  I'm 11 days out, bought some bari wise smoothies but can not tolerate them.  I would love to find some good fruit smoothie receipes.

Thanks so much

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself. HW 350 SW 324  SD10/19/12

garnetgal
on 10/30/12 12:51 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

Yes I can have fruit on my surgeon's plan and I tolerate it well. I started with strawberries mixed in with my protein shakes. I've eaten cantaloupe, watermelon, pears, apples and pineapple. Yes I know pineapple is higher in sugar but I only have a couple of pieces of fresh pineapple and that does the trick! Heavens! I'm going to miss summer and all the melons! Oh, I don't eat the peels on apples or pears.

Kat Kat
on 10/30/12 1:16 pm - AZ

I love fruit, and since surgery would rather have a fresh fruit cup than a piece of cake. I haven't met a fruit I didn't like since my WLS, and I dump. Almost every morning I add frozen fruit to my morning protein shake to make it a smoothie. As for other meals, I still eat a protein forward diet, but add  fruit when I have room. ( I also skip apple skins, but I always did)

Kat

manda2108
on 10/30/12 1:17 pm

I didn't really add back in fruit until I was over 6 months out..however now I eat a banana a day. I don't worry about trying to load everything I put into my mouth with protein..I make sure I get 70-100g of protein a day through my other foods and if I have a banana without it being coated in protein powder I'm okay with it..lol. 

Carol S.
on 10/30/12 2:40 pm - Milwaukee, WI

I'm over 9 years out but I eat apples, berries and melon.  I stay away from oranges and grapefruit but do eat things like Tangelos occasionally (they bother my stomach but don't cause me to dump).

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?