coffee w/26 grams of protein

brt11565
on 11/8/12 6:46 am, edited 11/8/12 6:47 am - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

ok i could not help myself. i had to try out the body fortress vanilla and my decaf coffee. the taste was ok. but it has been like 2 hours later and i am getting hungry. i am in trouble when i do my liquid diet.for 2 weeks. i have also noticed a bad after taste. HELP!! i know i gotta do this. and i know alot of you out there has gone threw the same thing. any advice? i can not switch the body fortress. it is cheap and all i can afford. can barely do that..HELP!!!

onpurpose
on 11/8/12 7:00 am - Brandywine, MD
RNY on 11/05/12 with

Ask your nutritionist if you can mix it with Almond Milk. That helped me out a great deal.

MissK123456789
on 11/8/12 7:01 am - PA

Maybe coffee isn't the best thing to mix it with.  Coffee can leave its own aftertaste.  Mixed with whey...YUCK!  I use vanilla protein and mix it with skim milk and a tablespoon of sugar free strawberry syrup.  (I get it at the restaurant store for around $6 a bottle!  And one bottle lasts forever!)  To me, it tastes like strawberry Quik.  I would just pick a flavor you like 

To me, all protein leaves an aftertaste.  I just chew SF gum.  As for after your surgery, you won't feel hungry like you do now, so don't worry about that.

Good luck!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/12 7:22 am
RNY on 08/31/12

I discovered that my coffee went well with SlimFast high protein powder (vanilla) which is about $8 and makes 14 servings but you can try your Body Fortress instead. What I do to help with even more protein and flavor is add 1 cup skim milk. It helps to smooth it out. I top it off with a little sweetener like Truvia.

1 cup coffee, 1/2 to 1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 tsp Truvia   =   180 calories and 11-14 grams of protein depending on how much milk is added. 

This makes my day and holds me pretty well. Sometimes I have 2 servings. WARNING: Watch out mixing in the protein into the drink when the coffee is too hot. The protein "crumbles" and solidifies  and doesn't dissolve as well and is yuk.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/8/12 8:03 am

Add sugar free syrups to it also  (Torani or Davinci).  I like hazelnut, carmel, french vanilla.

Winnie

LadyAnastacia
on 11/8/12 8:22 am
RNY on 11/06/12

I was told to stay away from the blends and use plain whey isolate.  I know in my area there are plain whey isolates that are the same cost (or less) than the Body Fortress brand blends.

redneckgirl43
on 11/8/12 8:44 am - Yukon, OK
RNY on 03/07/11 with

The Syntrax brands of protein powder mix well with coffee and they have a cappuccino flavor that is awesome!!

RNY revision 3/7/11, Dr. Joya, CW 175, SW 280, HW 302  Lapband placed 1/7/2006 - Lapband removed 1/14/2010;

anewbeginning2012
on 11/8/12 8:50 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

I drink the same protein drink- but I only can do it with water. I tried milk, coffee and it had the worst after taste- and kinda made me nauseous. Try the water- maybe put crushed ice in there.

Kris        
JugglerOne
on 11/8/12 3:10 pm - PA

Personally I only mix protein powders with water 99% of the time. Maybe with skim milk rarely.

Most Active
Recent Topics