well we were stupid girls..... lol

emt_amy
on 12/5/12 6:13 am - MN
A friend of mine had never had mcdonalds coffee before until yesterday when I took her there. So fast forward to today....she calls me around 11 am and the first words were I want coffee! Let's go to mcdonalds! Lol I guess its like crack for her, one cup and shes addicted. I told her no, I don't have the money or gas to drive to nearest one which is 20 miles away. Told her to just come over to my place and she can have good coffee( gevalia...a cup of johan!) I can make it exactly like mcdonalds does. So she comes over and in 3 hours we polish off a whole 10 cup pot of coffee! I'm so shakey right now. Lol

She had her rny a few years before me.......

Whoops...... Lol
( no need to chew me out, not doing that again)

wmamey
on 12/5/12 6:52 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On December 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM Pacific Time, emt_amy wrote:
A friend of mine had never had mcdonalds coffee before until yesterday when I took her there. So fast forward to today....she calls me around 11 am and the first words were I want coffee! Let's go to mcdonalds! Lol I guess its like crack for her, one cup and shes addicted. I told her no, I don't have the money or gas to drive to nearest one which is 20 miles away. Told her to just come over to my place and she can have good coffee( gevalia...a cup of johan!) I can make it exactly like mcdonalds does. So she comes over and in 3 hours we polish off a whole 10 cup pot of coffee! I'm so shakey right now. Lol

She had her rny a few years before me.......

Whoops...... Lol
( no need to chew me out, not doing that again)
I had 2 skinny nonfat vanilla lattes today from starbucks! AND I am going to have my click protein shake later too!! I don't do it everyday so I don't stress over it

manda2108
on 12/5/12 7:10 am

lol...yesterday was my 2 skinny latte day..sticking to one today. I'm glad coffee isn't a no no for me.

SweetLilyAnn
on 12/5/12 7:20 am - TX

Dear fellow coffee lovers..... :-) Happily, Coffee was the new "side effect" from my RNY.  Never really cared for it before RNY, now I LOVE coffee.  I do the starbucks daily....Venti Skinny French Vanilla Latte but I get DECAF.  I have been off of caffine for 2 years now and not going back to caffeine, if I can help it.  The only good news about not being on caffeine, is if I REALLY REALLY need a pic me up - i.e. on a long sleepy drive - getting a 1/2 caff coffee works like a charm.  Otherwise it is Decaf for me :-)  Oh yes, I love Click too.....it just came out in Decaf.  Love it. 

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/5/12 7:56 am

I love coffee. I can completely relate to this. I restrain myself to two-three cups a day, but I would happily drink a whole pot some days.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

emt_amy
on 12/5/12 8:12 am - MN
I am a coffee addict.... I think I should be in a twelve step program or something. Lol I usually only have like a cup and a half a day. A whole pot can last almost a week for me.

On the other hand I'm glad its coffee and not alcohol or drugs or cigarettes. If I lived in a town with a mcdonalds or a coffee shop I would have to have a second job just for that. Lol

artroxy blue
on 12/5/12 10:14 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I love coffee, but I need to keep it to decaf post-op. I get too sluggish after drinking regular coffee now, and that never happened before. Maybe because I was constantly caffeinated? LOL

Don't sweat it, though. We all have an occasional over-caffeinated day or two. indecision

Candy V.
on 12/5/12 2:06 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have been sticking to decaf since surgery.  I love to mix a scoop of syntrax nectar cappuccino protein in with some almond milk, let is set a while then mix into decaf coffee.  YUM :)  I do snitch a few sips of hubbys coffee in the am most days.  He lets me do it twice before giving me the STAY OUT OF MY COFFEE LOOK!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
Recent Topics