Protein.. Protein.. Protein..

Angela_Italiana
on 12/8/12 5:09 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

What kind of protein supplements did you find success with the first few weeks after surgery? I am getting overwhelmed on all of the available options.

Thanks!

happytofindme
on 12/8/12 5:43 am
RNY on 10/29/12

I am using protein powder. You can go to a health food store and ask if they have sample packs so you don't buy a big one and find you don't like the taste. Make sure its 100% whey protein for that is what they recommend,

Angela_Italiana
on 12/8/12 5:44 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Have you tried liquid protein?

happytofindme
on 12/8/12 5:49 am
RNY on 10/29/12

I have not but will be checking them out soon for I am almost out of t=my powder. At first though I used the high protein boost for my prtein for I found the protein shakes to thick and hard to drink them all down. I will let you know if I find a good tasting and good price Protein liquid that meets our needs.

Angela_Italiana
on 12/8/12 5:50 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Awesome, thank you!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/8/12 9:37 am - OH
FEIW, every time I have read of someone drinking liquid protein (e.g., Proteinex), they always comment on how disgusting the taste is.

If you decide to try the protein "shots"/"bullets", make SURE that they are 100% WHEY protein and do not contain ANY collagen protein (the Yes Whey shots are all whey, for example, but the New Whey (despite the "whey" in the name) is primarily collagen protein, with just a small amount of whey). Collagen does not have all the necessary amino acids, which means your body cannot absorb the protein... so they are worthless.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

pcballott
on 12/8/12 6:57 am
RNY on 11/20/12

I have been using premier protein (pre-made).  I get them from Sam's.  The chocolate works best for me.

ScottAD
on 12/8/12 9:21 am - Lenoir, NC
RNY on 07/31/12

There are tons of choices. I stick with IsoPure most times. I like the Zero Carb chocolate. I also have Unjury flavorless to put in everything if I don't want a chocolate drink (as if that is possible!) Still it works wonders in all kinds of other foods.

lookin4mydestiny
on 12/8/12 11:03 am - NC

If you are a coffee fan- syntrax latte cappucino flavor- no caffeine - but AWESOME_-- like a big ol' iced coffee from mickey dees- no aftertaste- and the texture isn't thick and gloopy-- congrats and good luck!

buddy123
on 12/9/12 2:40 am

My favorite is Syntrax sweet Nectar Chocolate truffle!  I get it from Amazon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views