Popcorn anyone?

ktattwu
on 12/20/12 1:21 am - Vancouver, WA
RNY on 11/07/12

I was just hoping to get a little input from all of the veterans out there.  I was wondering if and when you were able to eat popcorn?  I know it is not the best snack choice because of its lack of protein but I get more than enough protein in during the day. 

One of my families Christmas traditions is to go to the movies on Christmas Day.  This year I am unable to see my family (thank you medical bills) but really want to still go to the movies.  I do not want to go all out on the popcorn but would love a handful (without the butter and salt) while I am watching my movie.

Anyone enjoyed popcorn post-op?

macjuicy
on 12/20/12 1:25 am - FL

I waited about 1 year out for popcorn, I LOVE it especially the Crunch... I usually will go to a movie and get kids popcorn meal... I can easily go overboard on it the crunch is addicting

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Jen V.
on 12/20/12 1:33 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

I am not a vet, but I do eat popcorn. I have some every now and then starting at 5 months out.

AprilM1969
on 12/20/12 1:39 am - OH

I was about 7 months out but I rarely eat it....it doesn't fill me up much and I could probably eat more than I should....

Dee.spunk
on 12/20/12 1:41 am - Sacramento, CA
I probably waited til about 6 months out. Unfortunately because of my RH I can't have any now. I get dizzy after eating it. If I do eat some I need to eat it with cheese or some sort of protien to prevent the dizziness, so it's not the same. I just don't eat it now.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/20/12 1:42 am - OH
I have been eating popcorn for a number of years (am over 5 years out) but don't remember when I started. Sometimes after 6 months, though. Popcorn does have some fiber and is low fat if you don't add butter or get the buttered/greased microwave kind. You DO have to watch portion size though because it chews down to almost nothing so it is very easy to eat a lot of it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 12/20/12 1:52 am - OH

I do eat movie popcorn, although I rarely go to the movies.  I also eat it with butter and salt.  The butter stuff is high in fat though.  I eat popcorn at home, also, but that's a bit healthier.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/20/12 2:04 am

I was seven or eight months post op when I had popcorn. As everyone else said, it's easy to eat way too much, so you might want to pop your own, put it in a baggie, and smuggle it in.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

samsander
on 12/20/12 2:39 am - CA
I have popcorn every night and could not live without it!

I make my own in the air popper and then put real butter and salt on it.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

Lisa T.
on 12/20/12 3:30 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

4-5 months out.  Movie popcorn (sans butter & salt) is ok.  What I really love is homemade microwave popcorn.  1/4 c. kernals & 2 teaspoon EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil).  Put in a lunch sack, fold the top 3 times and nuke for 2 minutes.  I use a little spray butter & seasoned salt.  Yum-O!  I'm about ready to put a bag in my purse the next time we go to the show.  Now to pick between Django Unchained & Les Miserables....choices, choices. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 347 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views