Vitamix

SuzaQue
on 12/27/12 10:23 pm - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

Does anyone use a Vitamix blender to get more vegetables in their diet by adding them to a protein shake?  If so, have you had any problems?   I have been considering the purchase but want to be sure that it will be something I use regularly.  At Costco when they demo them, the shakes are always very sweet so I want to know if anyone uses them to add vegetables, ie, spinach, kale, etc.

Thanks

Susie

Preop diet start  /VSG Surgery / Current / Goal
               286                 277            219       165

Lapband / Lowest wt LB unfilled because of problems

286                  250

Highest:     302

Sarahakers11
on 12/27/12 10:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I have not had WLS but I do have a Vitamix.  I have used to to make some veggie "soup" type drinks.  It works really well. We got ours from costco and have had for several  years.  we had one of the pitchers get a crack and they replaced for free. No issues and over 1800 uses and counting.

Sarahakers11
on 12/27/12 10:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I just lied to you...Its not a vitamix its a blendtec but we did get it from costco...Sorry

jjte
on 12/27/12 11:05 pm

That is a great idea!  I had purchased a Vitamix when I was doing a plant based diet years ago and I was wondering what to do with it now! Before you shell out hundreds of dollars, try Craigslist, I got a new one for $200.

artroxy blue
on 12/28/12 3:23 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

You can add spinach and the like to your protein shakes if you want. I haven't tried it yet, but I'd love to get a Vitamix. It's a serious investment. LOL One of my husband's cousins uses hers to make smoothies, frozen mango gelato, etc. 

wendydettmer
on 12/28/12 5:43 am - Rochester, NY

i have a blendtec (similar to a vitamix, both are high speed blenders).  I use it every single day.  I make green smoothies.  I don't always make it a protein shake with extra protein, but I drink 6-8 cups of greens every day.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

groovykg
on 12/28/12 9:21 am - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

It's my dream.  But just an FYI, greens like spinach are high in oxalates which prohibits calcium absorption. But I guess if you are taking a separate calcium supplement, it should be ok.

Most Active
Recent Topics