CALLING ALL VEGETARIANS....

Melissa D.
on 2/23/13 9:48 pm

I was wondering what those of you that are vegetarians eat for breakfast that is filling? I'm only 6 pounds away from my goal (YAY!!) & I'm having the endless appetite from hell lately. Mainly in the mornings. I feel like I could eat forever. I don't like yogurt or milk. Every so often I'll eat eggs, but for the most part....they revolt me, & when I do eat them, it's a complete force job. I'm almost 4 years post op, and really need some advice!  indecision

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 2/23/13 10:13 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

Peanut butter?

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Melissa D.
on 2/23/13 10:16 pm

Oh yeah I LOVE peanut butter....but, I've tried it on toast and stuff & don't like it.  I tried having a PB&J sandwich for breakfast yesterday, with Polaner All Fruit (no sugar added) jelly, & got sick from it.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 2/23/13 10:25 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

Sometimes I'll have a "peanut butter lollipop," which is just peanut butter on a spoon.

I'm not a vegetarian but I do eat mostly vegetarian and my daughters are vegans so we have lots of vegetarian stuff.

How about pistachios? (That's what my 13yo eats for lunch most days for her protein.) I just asked her what she normally eats for breakfast, and she said that today she had a tofu scramble burrito (Amy's Organic brand.) That might be too many carbs for you. She says they have the same thing as a bowl without the tortilla. http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/breakfast/000054 You may be able to come up with a similar recipe on your own.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

poet_kelly
on 2/23/13 10:51 pm - OH

Usually I do a protein bar or protein shake (you can make shakes with soy milk or almond milk).  Today I had whole wheat toast and some frozen berries but I don't do toast often. 

What foods do you like?  You could do oatmeal or cottage cheese, cheese cubes and fruit, omelets (I know, that's eggs, but you could also use an egg substitute).  You could do the Morningstar Farms veggie sausage or breakfast strips (fake bacon).  You don't have to do breakfast food, either.  Sometimes I eat leftovers from dinner the night before.  I've been known to eat beans for breakfast. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/13 11:12 pm
RNY on 04/18/12

Is it only regular milk that you don't like?  I usually eat Kashi Go Lean and soy milk for breakfast, followed up by a couple of prunes to "keep me going."  Fills me up every time.  

artroxy blue
on 2/23/13 11:45 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Tofu scramble with veggies and cheese?

gbsinsatx
on 2/24/13 1:10 am - San Antonio, TX

If interested, see my profile page...

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

SarahLee1969
on 2/24/13 8:59 am - NY
Apple slices with peanut butter
Cheese
I make "granola" with Kashi go lean crunch mixed with the chocolate Fiber One and some nuts. I eat this dry.
Yogurt parfait: Kashi Go Lean Crunch, vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain), a sliced strawberry, 5-6 dried tart cherries, slivered almonds and/or chopped pecans. I make this the night before and the kashi gets softened by the moisture from the yogurt. Very filing.I can usually only do 1/2c or so.
Most Active
Recent Topics