Need RNY pizza recipes

lilisasmith3
on 2/27/13 8:28 am
RNY on 01/31/13

I realize what I am asking for BUT does anyone have a pizza recipe that RNY patients can eat without getting sick?

KimKinVA
on 2/27/13 8:43 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

The best pizza recipes that I have found are from Eggface! I'm only 3 and half months out from surgery and my nutritionist recommended that I wait until 6 months before eating this. But I love to look at the recipes and dream about them. Here's a link to one of her pizza creations:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/spinach-artichoke-tortilla-pizza.html

You can type in "Pizza" in the search box and you'll get more pizza recipes.

lilisasmith3
on 2/27/13 8:44 am
RNY on 01/31/13
Thanks!
Jen S.
on 2/27/13 9:21 am

Cauliflower pizzas have become popular lately. The crust is mostly made from riced cauliflower and lowers the amount of carbs in the pizza. I plan on trying something like this in the future (with a few modifications):

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/

Laura in Texas
on 2/27/13 9:30 am

I love using LaTortilla Factory low carb tortillas as my crust. I toast it, then put regular spaghetti sauce and cheese on top and cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees in the toaster oven.

http://www.latortillafactory.com/products-3.aspx

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

grmadeb01
on 2/27/13 9:41 am - FL

i make pizza chips..take any toppings you like pepperoni, sausage, ham, onions, etc...i have added pineapple too, but these are kinda not set up..have to eat it with a fork..the others you can pick up.....chop them up pretty fine...add in some oreagno, garlic powder, italian seasoning..go easy on these.....like a teaspoon of each..then add in parm cheese, mozz cheese or what every cheese you have on hand....i pretty  much keep most of these on hand...mix this all up...then spray some parchment paper and place globs of this on and melt it...we like ours a bit crispy around the edges..dunk in pizza sauce....and you have pizza chips...crust less pizza...

my hubby askes for these now instead of ordering pizza...

good luck

debby

abrooks26
on 2/27/13 11:40 am - MN
RNY on 12/13/12

Omg! Those sound good.  I'm gonna have to try that.

grmadeb01
on 2/27/13 12:07 pm - FL

just make sure you go easy on the garlic powder, oreagno and italian seasoning..one time i got too much and it was not so good...i would say no more than a teaspoon of each..but i make a large gallon ziploc baggie of pizza toppings, i make wht we need and save it in baggie for a couple of nights or snacks....i just make what we want for the night...i have had some of them cold too...and it was pretty good too....

good luck

debby

tarsanne
on 2/27/13 12:10 pm - MO
A long time ago I did atkins. I CRAVED pizza! I took a small casserole dish and filled it with pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, olives, cheeses, and sauce. I baked it like a casserole and ate it with a fork. It was AWESOME. Pizza with almost no carbs!
justinplex
on 2/27/13 12:48 pm - Kilgore, TX

I use Flatout flatbread light Italian, some fat/carb/calorie free tomato basil sauce, 2% motzarella, and cut up some thin lunchmeat like ham or turkey...

Justin T. Johnson                            
Most Active
Recent Topics