Had RNY on Tuesday, was preprepared to regret it initially, but I have a had enough.

ImDun
on 3/2/13 3:44 am
RNY on 02/26/13

It feels like anything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong.  Also thought I was a "tough broad" and this for the most part would be a piece of cake.  I've heard others say they initially regretted the decision but once they were feeling better were so glad they did it.

Had my surgery on Tuesday and initially felt pretty good.  I had a hyatal hernia repair also so so there is pain in the muscle and I am SO bloated.  I stayed in for 4 days because my blood pressure was too low and my blood sugar way too high.   I  could not get comfortable the 2 and 3rd night and couldn't sleep.  My butt is so numb and my sides hurt.  I had 4 units of blood transfusion because there was bleeding in my stomach.

I had the nurse from hell 2 nights in a row and finally got her discharged from me.  I cannot eat anything but clear liquids until next Wednesday.

I know I will get better every day but how long until I feel like my self? Weighed 15 lbs more last night and lost 9lbs overnight but my stomach is so over extended and painful.

Please help...ANY ADVICE is appreciated!

Deb

poet_kelly
on 3/2/13 3:52 am - OH

Remember this is temporary.  It might take a while before you feel totally back to normal but you should start feeling better and better every day.

For the gas, try Gas-X, walking, a heating pad, and rocking.  If you have a rocking chair, use that.  If you don't, just sit on the edge of a chair or your couch and rock back and forth.  Some hot peppermint tea might help, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MichelleNC
on 3/2/13 4:09 am

I have no advice I am having mine in 23 days but I just wanted to say from my experience here people regret it but once the weight starts coming off and they feel better they have no regrets. Count down to those days. I initially plan on thinking the pain in my body that I feel is my bodies way of saying look at what you did to me all those years and as I start to feel better it is my body making peace with the surgery and I am back on my way to a healthy life.

Good Luck and I hope you get lots of advice that helps you feel better.

Hugs

Michelle

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

lena_29
on 3/2/13 4:23 am

I go Monday.  I remember someone telling us at a meeting last week to try to burp often  as it will help and to sip on water constantly and walk around alot. It sounds like that may be a challenge though. Praying it gets better.  

CoCoBrown313
on 3/2/13 4:35 am - MI
I had a similar experience. The worst pain from my surgery was because of my stomach. It was so big and it hurt so bad. I came home on Sunday, rest assure it gets better. By Thursday my stomach was back down. As hard as it may be just stay positive.
Mary Catherine
on 3/2/13 4:40 am
It gets better every day but it takes about a year for a complete recovery from any major surgery. One day you wake up and all the pain is over, your strength and energy are great and you forget all of the bad stuff.

A year from now you will be 100 pounds smaller and telling people that you would do it all over in a heartbeat. It does get better every day.
Wrapdiva
on 3/2/13 4:43 am - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
I sympathize with you. The first few Weeks are really rough. If you can just keep focused on letting your body recover & remember it DOES get better, you will get through this, I promise! Take it easy, pamper yourself & give your body time to heal. In a few Weeks this will just be a memory & you will be posting on here how amazing you feel!

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

thynnlynn
on 3/2/13 4:47 am - MI

I am sorry you are having many problems.

My turn comes on the 13th.  I have decided to look at this initially as in incredibly painful surgery and to prepare for a lousy recovery (and am recalling my open gallbladder surgery as I speak) so that anything better than this will be a plus.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

lilisasmith3
on 3/2/13 4:48 am
RNY on 01/31/13

I am just a little over a month post op. I didn't start to really feel better until week 4 and I swear I had a nervous " OMG what have I done???" Breakdown around day 8. It gets better its just really hurts and really sucks initially. Hang in there.

chrissychris40
on 3/2/13 5:17 am - PA

well just hang in there maybe one day you will be giving me some advice i am new to this site and hoping by june i can get my bypass done but i have my first vist with the doc on march 21 so we will see what happends from there i know i will have a lot of work ahead of me but i am ready for this journey its been now two days no smoking but more eating go figure. but you will be fine keeping your head up: : :

Christina grieb

Most Active