New wardrobe and new job!

artroxy blue
on 3/14/13 8:19 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I didn't get a chance to update you all, but I did get the job at the company my friend works for! Woo hoo! I'm excited about going back to work, and we also managed to find a daycare for my daughter. She just loves it, which definitely puts me at ease. And, since I have a new job, I need new clothes! I went shopping with my mother at Old Navy, and picked up all sorts of cute stuff right off the rack! It's the first time SINCE HIGH SCHOOL that I have been able to shop in a regular store. I thought I would cry when I hit that day, but I didn't. I was just overjoyed at this new shopping experience. I haven't enjoyed shopping for myself since I worked at Lane Bryant when I stocked my closet about 13 years ago. And that was only because I got massive discounts for working there. LOL

I am just so excited about being able to shop in a regular store. angry And, to top it off, I picked up a cute pair of pumps to go with my new wardrobe! My only regret is not doing this sooner, but I can't beat myself up over it. I just wasn't ready back then. 

As one of my friends says, "Embrace Your Awesome!", so I'm finally embracing it. 

Karen8268
on 3/14/13 8:32 pm - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
Congratulations! I hope this is a wonderful new journey for you!!

karenp8
on 3/14/13 8:36 pm - Brighton, IL

It's a new experience isn't it? I was shopping clearance racks at Walmart yesterday and was upset because all the clothes were too big. That's a new one too!

artroxy blue
on 3/14/13 8:46 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Haha! I had that feeling too when I was cruising the clearance racks at Old Navy. Such a great feeling to know I'm getting smaller. broken heart

abrannume
on 3/14/13 9:38 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Congratulations!  Oh, and if you're still in the process of losing then don't forget the Goodwill and thrift stores.  I have on an awesome $7 outfit today (pants and top) that I got from Goodwill.  Love it!

BWB
on 3/15/13 12:15 am

I second your comment.  I went on a sale day and got 6 sweaters and a pair of jeans for $22.  Everything was washable and looked new.  One sweater still had tags.

glad2balive
on 3/14/13 10:45 pm

Congrats on both accounts. I am sure you are so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Calla Lily
on 3/14/13 11:18 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Congrats on the new job and the new clothing! Im glad your daughter is enjoying day care.... and YAY to shopping!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Cindyagogo
on 3/14/13 11:40 pm
RNY on 02/21/12

Congratulations! So great!

I am looking for a new job and hope I will present myself better than i ever could before. I used to hate, hate shopping. Actually look forward to it now!

Inspirational!

BWB
on 3/15/13 12:12 am

I'm happy for you.  Congratulations