4 days post op

debbie A.
on 3/16/13 11:31 pm - inland empire, CA

How long does it take on an average for the swelling in the stomach to go down? Can anything be done to move it along faster?

ebtiger24
on 3/16/13 11:36 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

Walking is about the best thing for you.  Do not over do it, but walk as much as possible.  It probably doesn't do much for the swelling, but it does help with the gas that is still trapped in your body.  It will go down in a day or two.  

thynnlynn
on 3/17/13 1:46 am - MI

I am also 4 days out with a lot of swelling.  I am walking as much as I can and have gotten rid of some gas.  I am taking the Gas-X pills.

So far, I have been doing fine with my liquids and as long as I keep up on pain meds, I am better than I thought I would be.

All the reading here pre-op has really helped me.  The recliner has been wonderful to sleep on and Tori cat agrees.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

debbie A.
on 3/17/13 3:41 am - inland empire, CA

I have swelling still but the gas hasnt been that bad since yesterday. the gas has turned into diareah. Lol thats always fun.

AnnieD9999
on 3/17/13 2:06 am - Columbus, OH

I have to agree that walking has been the best thing. I had my surgery last Wednesday and ive been walking as much as I possibly can. I am not taking any sort of gas-x and start my full liquids tomorrow. Im trying to get off of my pain meds ASAP but think i might have to rely on them for just another day or two. I try to walk around my apartment complex atleast 4 times a day. And ive been going to Lowes and Walmart with my husband to walk around as well.

MichelleNC
on 3/17/13 2:54 am

I have heard that walking helps. Good Luck on your recovery!!!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 404 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 164 views