For the Ladies. Post op Menstrual Cycle Question

AnnieD9999
on 3/17/13 1:47 am - Columbus, OH

This may be a question for my doctor but since i'm not in pain and don't feel like i'm dying i figured id ask here first.

I finished my period about a week before surgery, and now 3 days post op i've started what I believe to be my period again. I normally have very light periods but this seems to be really heavy. Has this happened to anyone? I have cramps and everything.

Thanks for any Comments or Advice.

KatBee
on 3/17/13 2:48 am

From what I have heard & read this surgery messes w/ your periods big time & its very normal what your going thru

MichelleNC
on 3/17/13 2:49 am

I have heard after the surgery our hormones are all out of whack. I started mine 3 days ago and have surgery tomorrow I am dreading having it longer because of surgery. grrr

I wouldn't count on being on a schedule anytime soon I hear people are either on schedule or your not and it comes and goes at will. NOT FUN!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Tracy91002
on 3/17/13 2:55 am
RNY on 01/17/13

I had a very off schedule after surgery, now I'm late, after having two periods in a month.

Mamaof6Blessings
on 3/17/13 3:58 am - New Brighton, PA
I am almost 5 weeks post opt, and I scheduled my surgery so I wouldn't have my period during or right after. I had it a week before, then 4 days after surgery I started bleeding again very heavy. I was scared but found out from surgeon that this happens in some women. It is pretty heavy because of the blood thinner shots they give you! Our hormones are completely thrown out if whack!!!

Edie

AnnieD9999
on 3/17/13 4:04 am - Columbus, OH

Thankyou all for your replies! WHEW Im not bleeding Internally lol (How that makes since who knows but I thought it!) Not fun dealing with the pain of healing from a massive surgery AND having menstrual cramps.

debbie A.
on 3/17/13 4:16 am - inland empire, CA

Thank God for mirena IUD lol no periods

buggirl44
on 3/17/13 6:40 am

I am completely out of whack.  I have had spotting for 4 weeks now with a period (heavier than normal) a week ago to going back into another period (starting  yesterday).  I contacted my ob/gyn who says this is normal but 2% of it being something else so he wants to do a biopsy.  ugh!  Surgeon stated alot of people need hormonal therapy to regulate their periods because they became very heavy. can last up to a year from what she said.

bbearsmama
on 3/17/13 10:53 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I started my period 3 days after surgery-which was a week earlier than expected.  I also bled a lot longer than I normally do--for 8 days. 

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

pensgurl
on 3/17/13 10:57 am - PA

Yes, happened to me too!  i was on the pill at the time of my surgery and not expecting my period for 3 more weeks.  As soon as I got home, 2 day after surgery, I got my period.  then, 2 weeks later and again 2 weeks after that.  The whole time while being on the pill & never missing one.  My surgeon said to just go off of the pill for a while till the homones level out.

Most Active
Recent Topics