RNY and facial hair

lbush1977
on 5/1/13 1:03 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

Hi everyone...I have a quick question.  I have severe facial hair due to my PCOS and finely had enough. I was going to make a doctor appointment to see about possible spiralactone and vaniqa cream. I have tried the spiralactone before with no results but I think I didn't give it long enough to work. My question is did anyone notice a change in their facial hair after having the RNY. All I am waiting on is a date for mine. I thought maybe I was jumping the gun so to speak. 

cajungirl
on 5/1/13 1:14 am

I didn't have PCOS but many have had success with RNY and resolving there PCOS symptoms.  I hope someone can give you their personal experience......it seems reasonable once the PCOS is resolved the side effects would diminish also.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

chris_ruff
on 5/1/13 1:18 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i had facial hair before RNY (not due to PCOS) and had tried vaniqua and electrolysis. neither was particularly effective for me. after RNY i did laser and it was fabulous. all gone in 3 sessions. i have dark hair and fair skin so i'm the right "type" for laser. i would check out laser and not waste my time with creams or pills. just burn off those suckers. 

--Christina
Erins-mommy
on 5/1/13 2:49 am
RNY on 09/26/12

I have PCOS as well. I agree about the laser. Since I had my RNY, I've had a few treatments and voila...bye bye beard, mustache, and goatee!

lbush1977
on 5/1/13 3:06 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

roughly how much does the lasering cost?

Jewelsstevens
on 5/1/13 7:53 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It is pricey per area at the mainstream places. I had my neck done at Ideal Image. It was like $1,200. VERY pricey IMO. Since then, I have seen some fabulous deals on Groupon for 6 sessions for a small, med or large area from $99-$289 at reputable places. You might check that out. I will for my next area...the STACHE!

soothingglow
on 5/1/13 4:23 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 03/12/13

I would do the laser and skip the poisonous chemicals. Chemicals are NOT good for your body. Not that laser is "natural" but in my opinion it is the lesser of two evils.  I have some facial hair too but for right now I pluck. :(  I will probably do laser in the future when finances allow.  I am not sure how much it costs but I refuse to use chemicals if at all possible.

Good Luck!

RainbowRN
on 5/1/13 7:04 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

I tried the spironolactone and it did nothing.  I heard that the vaniqua is worthless.  My doc told me that once my testosteron levels are lower then I can do laser and that should get rid of it.  I'm a little skeptical of it will work for me because I have awful facial hair right now but I get rid of it.  If you look at me now you cant see the hair but i know its there.

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

lbush1977
on 5/1/13 11:39 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

I could grow a better beard than my husband. Im the same way...everyone said it wasnt noticeable but I KNOW it is there. I have too much to pluck. I use a beard and mustache trimmer on mine.

KatCooper
on 5/2/13 9:18 am - Collierville, TN

I dont have PCOS, but have a LOT of hair just under my chin.  If I pluck it, I get acne.  I just shave it when I am in the shower.  I tried laser and was not pleased with the results, pain or cost.   I know that shaving may seem strange, but my skin looks great, and I dont have a patchy beard.    Best of luck with what ever you decide!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics