Don't judge....attacked a fudge brownie sundae

sookietina83
on 5/19/13 2:32 am - Germany
I had surgery on March 13, 2013 RNY......today I just lost it. I felt abandoned by my husband this morning. He went out the nite before with his friend. Which is fine but i found out his wife was talking about me behind my back. i was nothing but nice to her. she called me bit$h. this all on her phone. I could just not let go of my angrier at him or anyone else all day. I took a drive because it was rain out to try and get my center back. I even went into the gym to weigh myself for some positive news. I lost another 2 lbs. which leaves me 5lbs from being under 300 lbs. But I was still pissed off. I went into small shoppette where I once got vegetable egg roll I liked. But they were all out. I drove past the Burger King. I thought I would just drive threw and resist but something snapped I can't even explain it to myself. I knew I shouldn't eat but something in my brain. I order it. Drove the 10 miles home with it. Looked at ever stop light. It was raining out so I carried it in the house.i set it down. One look at husband I was determined to eat. I guess this is a case of sabotage. Now I'm waiting in bed for the consequence of my angrier.......I don't know what is going on with me?
sookietina83
on 5/19/13 2:57 am - Germany
Please do reply... I'm all for advice??
PetHairMagnet
on 5/19/13 2:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am shocked you could eat it, my surgery was the same date as you and I am doing an ounce of liquid at a time.

I really do hope you get some good, intensive counseling to help you deal with your issues and not use food as a weapon or a safety device.

How is it that you found out the wife called you a name and in what context? What is your relationship with your husband normally like?

Please seek counseling and put yourself first. Don't give another person power over you.

Hugs!

Rabdkitty
on 5/19/13 3:25 am

I had mine on January 21st and just reading that makes my stomach burn. Oof.

sookietina83
on 5/19/13 3:25 am - Germany
Since I've had surgery i have been doing pretty well. But today was just the last straw something broke. My husband Is nice just likes to try to fix the problem. Just happens today I was the problem. I couldn't fix anything about my mood. I have come to conclusion me and her are done has friends. She was not positive person. She overweight has well. I wanted her to go to the gym with me to eat health with me she wasn't for it. But she always came back with th comment that's why I don't want surgery. Cuz I like to eat she would say. I tried not to let it bother me but it did specially after reading In texts she thought I was a b.
madeformore
on 5/19/13 3:09 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I'm surprised you didn't have a major dumping issue or stomach upset from the ice cream!

Sounds like you, like most of us, have some head issues you are dealing with. It took me until 10 months out to finally seek out therapy. You're only two months out - my advice is do it now. You will be in a much better place mentally to deal with everything life - and this WLS journey - throw your way.

We're here for you!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

sookietina83
on 5/19/13 3:32 am - Germany
Guest your right Amy major head issues. I had counselor in the states I guest better get one while I'm stationed here in Germany.
As far has major dumping issue or upset stomach it's only been less then 2 hours since I ate it.
I'm bracing myself for the worst reaction.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/19/13 4:04 am - OH

If it didn't make you sick in about 15-20 minutes, it isn't going to, which means you are one of the 70% of us who don't dump.  AND... now that you know that you don't dump, you don't have that as a deterrent to eating sweets.  It s a shame that you lost this so quickly after surgery.  I also encourage you to get counseling.  The surgery won't help keep you from eating to sooth negative emotions and those of us who are used to doing that (me, for example) really need to work on those "head" issues in order to develop better coping skills and be successful with the weight loss (and maintaining it down the road).

(There is a "late dumping syndrome", but it isnt the same as the sweating, nauseated, shaky, dizzy, heart racing reaction that comes with early dumping.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rabdkitty
on 5/19/13 3:27 am

Don't throw away your progress and everything you're gone through for someone else. 

netnay
on 5/19/13 3:51 am
RNY on 03/27/13
I am so sorry you are having an emotional day. I will tell you I understand!! I think we all have emotional times at one time or another in our journey. Old habits during these times seem to creep back up. The feelings seem to trigger that feel good feeling we get from having that piece of pie ( or the whole pie in my case). I about did myself in last night. I made a late night trip to walmart. I wanted that can of whip cream so bad, but I resisted and it made me feel so good. I have had my rough times too. It's ok if we mess up every now and again. Just pick yourself back up and knock the dust of. Don't let anything get you down. Believe me, there is no judgment coming from this way. Just know you are not alone in the aspect of eating out of emotional issues!!!

'View

Most Active
Recent Topics