Coffee

jensieck76
on 6/13/13 12:15 pm - TX
Is it ok to have a cup o joe in the morning??? I miss my coffee with splenda and sugar free hazelnut. And it also helped keep me regular!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

poet_kelly
on 6/13/13 1:25 pm - OH

I don't see any reason it would not be OK, unless maybe if you have ulcers.  Some doctors recommend avoiding caffeine completely, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/13/13 1:26 pm - OH

Most people have no trouble with it but it made my pouch hurt for over two years after surgery (and I only had five things that have ever bothered my pouch). I have no idea why the coffee was a problem, but now it is fine.  As with everything post-op, it is a good idea to try just a small amount first and see how it goes.  Note that some people's surgeons don't want them having any beverages with caffeine, though.  Does your surgeon have such a restriction?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ebtiger24
on 6/13/13 1:35 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

Our program recommends less tan 24 oz of caffeine a day. Caffeinated coffee makes my acid reflux flare.  So I do not drink any after lunch.  I will drink a cup of decaf from time to time in the evening. 

robynrobyn36
on 6/13/13 8:05 pm - NH
RNY on 02/25/13
My program suggests avoiding caffeine because there's a higher risk of ulcers. I have a cup a couple times a week and haven't had a problem. I did have pretty bad reflux one day after drinking like 4 cups of coffee so won't so that again
Kim S.
on 6/14/13 1:01 am - Helena, AL

I drink black coffee every day.  Probably 20 oz total during the day.  Have since I got home from the hospital.  No issues whatsoever.  I need coffee like oxygen so I'm glad I was able to tolerate it.

jensieck76
on 6/14/13 2:27 am - TX
I confirmed with my NUT and got the ok! Holy hell I feel like a new person. I LOVE you caffiene!!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

emt_amy
on 6/14/13 2:45 am - MN
mine told me to cut mine completely..... i flat out told them over my cold jittery dead body. lol its for the safety of others that i drink it. plus it has a 65% reduction in dementia risk( they literally just said it on The Drs today.)

Most Active
Recent Topics