Victories! and I REALLY hate my mother in law.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/13 7:24 am

Families can be so much fun. I tell my kids all about their grand parents behavior. I try to only see them when I have to.The hard part is your husband loves his mother,He was brought up with her bad behavoir and doesn't know what to do. My family don't even know I am having the surgery. I just know the backlash I will get. Reading your first post gave me some hope.I have a pair of jeans from 2000 and I refuse to get rid of them.Thank you for posting about your older clothes. You have to just keep looking at the good in your life. You inspired a lot of people from your message.I guess we can pick our friends but not our families.I am glad you can write to vent that is a good thing.

gayle-n-reno
on 7/15/13 1:38 pm - NV

WOW.....If my MIL wasn't dead....I would think we had the same one.  She loved my husbands ex-gf.  They were together for maybe a year on and off. She didn't like me from day one....but after our first was born it got even worse.  I can tell you there is a light at the end of the tunnel.....She will die one day.  I know that sounds horrible, but after the way she treated our kids and me, when I found out she had lung cancer and was going to die...I did an happy dance.  Mind you, she found out she had cancer the first part of Oct and told my DH on Christmas....Well thanks for sharing your bad news great timing.  You couldn't have told us in Oct?  We didn't say that to her...but that was the conversation after the fact.  She had 5 grandkids and only 1 of them was ever thought of.  But on a better note...my FIL was AMAZING...how he stayed married to her for all those years is beyond me.  

Your post brought up feelings I haven't felt in years....she has been dead for about 13 years. With all that being said...I don't know if she knew how to be a better person.  She was angry with life.  To bad for her, she missed out on 2 amazing grandkids. Both grown into even more Amazing adults.

beverlyp
on 7/15/13 8:47 pm

OMG..its almost like we are talking about the same person.  My MIL told me on christmas eve that my FIL (who was actually very good me) had lung cancer and was dying. He had already exhausted all his treatment options before they told anyone.  And then she iced the cake by telling me not to tell anyone else till after the holidays.  She said she wanted someone to know in case something happened, but I think she wanted me to have to live with watching my hubby and kids interact with him and knowing they were going to lose him.  The day after christmas I sat Bill down and told him everything I knew.

gayle-n-reno
on 7/16/13 10:13 am - NV

I swear they must have been sisters!  I don't understand that much hate....I guess that is a good thing tho!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views