Victories! and I REALLY hate my mother in law.

BlancheJackson
on 7/14/13 11:11 pm - Butler, PA

Oh WOW!  Except for the religious bit your MIL sounds exactly like my MIL!!  She has passed now, but for years... OMG.  Thing was she never said anything at all in front of my DH... always to me behind my back!  She would go to lunch with me just to berate me!  Took years for my DH to realize I wasn't exaggerating!  Then one day she got mad enough to slip up and yell at me in front of him.. played the hurt invalid card (we were going to the beach with friends and kids.. and I didn't invite her)  Dh was not going.. just my friends and kids..   1st.. no room in the car, 2nd.. she couldn't walk in the sand so would have been miserable waiting for us on the boardwalk.. 3rd  I DIDN'T WANT HER TO GO! LOL   He finally realized!!  It got a little better after that.. but not a lot....  soooo I UNDERSTAND!  

She hated the way I brought up my kids..  hated that I was with Dave...  We were childhood sweethearts.. but she didn't like my family.. and actually told people (in front of my sister) that David deserved better than me.   Later... that he didn't deserve a "FAT" wife..   this woman was by no means small!     ahhh.. thanks for venting, and letting me vent!  Glad to know I'm not the only one with a B**** for a MIL!!!!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

jmhuston
on 7/14/13 11:51 pm - TX

I can very much relate to what you are going thru with the MIL. Mine was the same way. Your post brought back a lot of memories. I am the second wife too and we have been married 25 years now!!  I hope I share some of your victories too!  Surgery tomorrow!

BWB
on 7/15/13 12:01 am

MY MIL PASSED AWAY many years ago and I haven't missed her one day.  It did teach me how to be a better MIL.

illinois Gama D.
on 7/15/13 12:32 am

glad for all the good stuff, I had to LOL with the buck teeth, but I didn't have the best MIL either, she has been gone many years, BUT, I have to say, I am a great MIL, I think it  is a lot because of my MIL, I love my kids, all of them, MY in law kids are like my own and I feel they deserve my love & respect, with all the babies, I ask them, how do you want this done? not my way or the old fashioned way, we have a lot of fun to gether, we shop, meals, talk everyday on phone several times a day, I just think it is so sad when  someone has to ruin everything, hope for better days, I agree with the  time for a "come to Jesus" talk, you don't need this and neither do your kids, YOU are worth more , your kids are worth more than negativity, HUGs, Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Gilly68
on 7/15/13 1:07 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

Congrats on the weight loss and all the victories!! Something to remember about your mother-in-law and all other negative people in your life

1. You cannot change people. You can only change the way that you react and respond to them. Don't give them the power over you to upset you. It is probably her own insecurities that make her try to bring you down.

2. There comes a time and place when you may have to choose, for your own happiness and mental health, to remove these toxic, negative people from your life. Family or not, there is no excuse to treat people poorly.

Lolabug
on 7/15/13 3:43 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Congrats on all of your victories!

You are not alone in your MIL woes. A great site to look at is www.motherinlawstories.com

Reading some of the archives is hair-raising to say the least!

beverlyp
on 7/15/13 4:20 am

lol the real sad thing is, my first mother in law was a real sweet lady.  She and I got along great.  Her son was a genuine turd, but she was great.  Even after our divorce we still talked up until she passed.  

I like the idea of having a witch for a mother in law making me a better in law though,  maybe I can take something positive from the situation even if it is what not to do.  I am just trying to focus on the fact that she is old, and some wonderful day she will kick the bucket.  I plan on choosing a time when no one is close by, walking up to her coffin, leaning over and gently singing..ding dong the witch is dead, which ole witch? the wicked witch, ding dong the wicked witch is deaaaad.....then I'm going to fart in her face as I walk away smiling. 

Lolabug
on 7/15/13 5:10 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Lol, in a red dress?

Kim S.
on 7/15/13 5:41 am - Helena, AL

There is no law that says you have to be exposed to these kind of people.  Kindly tell your husband that he should visit with his mother at her home as often as he'd like, and that if she is going to be coming to your home to visit him, you'd like advance warning so you and the children can go elsewhere.

YOU are an adult, and are fully capable of ensuring no exposure to people that are rude and disruptive to your life.  Period.  Exercise your right to protect yourself from this toxic person.

SteveWebb
on 7/15/13 6:56 am - NC

You should just give her a strange look when she is rambling on about you and say, "you know, they make medication for that".  Then get up and leave the room.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 235 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics