Victories! and I REALLY hate my mother in law.

beverlyp
on 7/14/13 8:35 pm

Go****s been a busy month, so I'll start with the good stuff...

1.  Went on vacation to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg..lost 5 lbs while we were down there. Whoo hoo!

2.  Had our big 4th of July cookout/party and managed to stay on course.  Yippee!

3.  Hubby took me dancing.  Hadn't been dancing since 2001 and we still managed to bust some moves. 

4.  Wore my leather mini skirt that hadn't seen the light of day in 12 years.  Thank goodness leather never goes out of style.

5.  Got carded on the way in. 

6.  Got hit on at the bar by a kid that couldn't have been a day over 25.

7.  Drank about half a Mojito and didn't die.  Went straight to my head though.  Noted that I have to be way careful with alcohol.  A little dab will do me now.  Living and learning.

9.  Fit back into my zebra print skort.

10.  Actually put on a tankini and went into the PUBLIC pool at our hotel and did not cringe from shame. 

11.  Speed walked two miles and did not get out of breath.  I actually lapped my 18 year old daughter.

12.  Wore a pair of above mentioned 18 year olds shorts.  They were stretchy but who cares!

13.  Bought shorts in a single digit size.

14.  My 11 year old wore a pair of my yoga pants.  Still don't care that they were stretchy.

15.  This is a big one....Rode the go-karts with my son. 

Now for my Mother in law.....

We stopped by her house on the way back from Tenn.  and of course Hubby turned the conversation to how much weight I have lost.  I mean its really apparent I actually have a neck now.  And she said..."yeah, I guess she might have lost a few pounds, but she will eventually gain it back people who loose weight always do".  I swear I wanted to kick her in the teeth.  

Then the next weekend she and hubbies sister and her family came to our party and she did nothing but ***** and whine the whole time.  I could do nothing to suit her.  She complained that I am a bad parent because my 11 year old has a facebook.  My son is to fat,  My oldest daughter wears to much makeup, and even went so far as to imply that all this is happening because I am so busy "messing" with my neighbor, whom btw is like a brother, that I don't care.  All she did was basically put my kids down and brag about my sister in laws buck toothed brats.  So finally I got fed up when she was blasting Haley and her little friend because they were in the pool with the neighbor boys and my sister in laws weird kid wouldn't play cause she wouldn't wear a swimsuit in front of them and said "Mandy should really get something done about Cassidy's front teeth, they came in the door a full 5 minutes before she did and I bet it makes her self conscience".  BAD BEV.  I felt horrible, its not that kids fault she is weird and her mom is an ignorant bible beater and my mother in law is the spawn of Satan sent from the seventh realm of hell to torment me.  So anyway she has been backstabbing me since to anyone that will listen.  She got it in her head that we were drinking..(I will admit I did kinda imply it just to pee her off, but I really wasn't) she called me a lush.  She has called me lazy, She said my two best friends are lesbians.  They are sisters. 

I really don't understand where her animosity comes from.  I have always been good to her and welcomed her into my home and put up with her always putting me down for some reason or the other and just smiled and moved on, but this one just takes the cake.  At this point I don't know if I can ever just be nice to her again, I mean I really am beginning to hate that woman.

MissK123456789
on 7/14/13 9:04 pm - PA

Congrats on the 15 really good things!  That is the stuff to focus on.  

I'm assuming you've already had numerous conversations with your husband about this so perhaps it is time to have a "come to Jesus" talk with your husband?  (That's what my mother used to call it when you lay down the law and tell someone exactly how it is going to be!)  Perhaps it's time that your husband visit his mother at her home and not welcome her into yours?  Frankly, I wouldn't permit ANYONE around my child who questioned my parenting and was excessively critical.  It sounds like he has to man up and tell his mother she could lose seeing her grandchildren unless she mitigates her behavior quickly.

Good luck!

Karen

The Salty Hag
on 7/14/13 9:07 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Wow!! Your monster-in-law sounds like a piece of work!! Stories like yours make me even more grateful for my sweet MIL. I'm really sorry you had to put up with that kind of nonsense- especially in your own home. 

Congrats on all your victories!! How cool to LOSE weight on vacation! Yay!! 

PetHairMagnet
on 7/14/13 9:23 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Your mother in law said that IN FRONT OF YOU!?  I'd like to kick her in the crotch for you! Tell me, where does she keep her broom at night, the garage or bedside? What a raging witch!

Go with all your awesome victories and ignore the haters!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Elektra_Kat
on 7/14/13 9:44 pm
RNY on 06/26/13

She's just bitter because you're taking control of your life and are happy and looking great, and you have a wonderful family. Her comments are a reflection of her, and not you (but I'm sure you know that). She's lashing out at you, your kids, and your friends because she hates her own sour self.

Love your victories!

Laura in Texas
on 7/14/13 9:46 pm

How far away does she live and how often do you have to see her? Does she say these horrible things in front of the kids? Tell your husband HE needs to stand up for you and to tell his mother she is being inappropriate and must stop. And I would tell him not to bring up your weight loss to anyone from now on. I know he was doing it because he is proud, but it gives people the liberty to think they can make comments about it, good or usually bad.

Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

DebsGiz
on 7/14/13 9:59 pm - FL

Many, many congratulations on all the good stuff

Mother-in-law, not o much.  You lost the lottery there kiddo.  LoL

Anyhow, it's hard to say "kick her to the curb" when you're married to her son and all, but I would sure go out of my way to limit my time, and your children's time, with her.  She sound like she is a real piece of work.

Oh by the way, the buck teeth thing, funny!!!  ROFL 

beverlyp
on 7/14/13 10:34 pm

Fortunately I only have to be exposed to the old bag 3 or 4 times a year and most of the time we go through the polite motions get through the visit and then move on.  But every so often her demon will be acting up and it will be pure misery the whole time I am subjected to her. 

It all started the day Bill and I got together.  She and his ex were supposedly close.  The first time I met her was the day Bill and I moved in together.  As soon as Bill stepped out of the room the first thing she said to me was "If I was you I wouldn't even unpack all this stuff, this is just a phase for him and as soon as his oats are sewed with you he will be back with his wife".   At that point I informed her that she might want to withhold her judgment on that cause he and I had filed for his divorce three days earlier.  From that day on I was worse than the ***** of Babylon.   He and his ex were together 4 years and he and I have been together 14, yet she still nitpicks me and prays for the day he comes to his senses and reunites with his "real wife".  I say real wife because the old bat says the bible says you can't be divorced in Gods eyes.  I reply to this by saying well its a good thing we are both agnostic then.  Course its my fault he doesn't go to church.  I corrupted him with wine and song.  I am a bad bad girl. 

nfarris79
on 7/14/13 10:38 pm - Germantown, MD

Congrats on the victories! Haters will hate - it's not going to win their way into Heaven. So while she's making your life hell on earth, follow the constructive instructions from the previous posters - - limit your time with her, take the higher road, and ask your husband if that's really what he wants his children exposed to? A good book on establishing boundaries is called "Escaping Toxic Guilt" by Susan Carroll

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

jensieck76
on 7/14/13 10:54 pm - TX
My dear you are a much better person than I!! I would have went off. I mean put me down, but even mumble about my kids and its ON! GREAT NSV'S!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 455 views