I guess this is an NSV

AnnieD9999
on 7/24/13 4:49 am - Columbus, OH
So I've posted a couple times recently about my husband and I moving to El Paso, well we finally got our house and aren't living in a hotel anymore. I thought that when this happened I would feel a lot better because I have all my stuff and get to make it feel like home. Wrong. Yesterday while I was unpacking I got completely overwhelmed and really homesick. I think moving in to our new home made it permanent, and made me realize I wasn't going to be going home for a long time. Since I'm still unpacking an haven't been to the grocery store yet we went out to Japanese Steakhouse for dinner. I wanted so badly just to eat all my emotions and be able to gobble down a double portion of fried rice. But I did good and ate shrimp and filet and a bite of veggies. It was the first time since surgery id ever had to deal with the emotional side of things.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/13 5:02 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/13
Good job on sticking with it. So sorry about your homesickness. I understand and it will get better with time. Hang in there and Congrats on your NSV!
Mo Diggity
on 7/24/13 6:53 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

That's really great !! I think that's a big NSV !!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

caysie15
on 7/24/13 10:28 am - FL

I moved from El Paso to Florida!  I will say that I dont miss that place. lol. Congrats on you not giving in to the emotional part.  I know when I moved to El Paso from my hometown (the only place i have ever known).  I was overwhelmed with emotions of not being close to my family and missing my friends.  It helped me gain alot of weight!!  So i really congratulate you for sticking to your guns and not giving in!!

Karen R.
on 7/24/13 1:17 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

That's a huge NSV.  Eating out can be challenging all on its own.  But to manage it successfully while under stress...my hat is off to you!  Well done.  Way to be strong! 

I'm sorry about your homesickness.  But hopefully, once you've had the chance to settle in, things will even out for you.  Keep up the good work.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics