Bummed. :(

walkingbear36
on 8/12/13 9:19 am - Ferndale, MI
Had my psych eval, doctor wants me to continue therapy for 6 months before surgery is considered. I had all my tests done and ready for submission to the insurance company. If I wait that long I believe I have to have all my tests redone. They are only good for 6 months right. I'm very bummed today. < sigh >
cjm60444
on 8/12/13 9:22 am
RNY on 08/14/13

wow  I has 2 go 2 times  2 weeks apart   

walkingbear36
on 8/12/13 9:26 am - Ferndale, MI
That's it? Just 2 times? And you can submit for surgery?
walkingbear36
on 8/12/13 9:27 am - Ferndale, MI
Also, I'm worried that come next year my insurance will change and then what!?!?
cjm60444
on 8/12/13 9:31 am
RNY on 08/14/13

yes 2 visits ab=nd then was submitted to insurance  my surgery is in 2 days  why is he saying 6 months/.

DebsGiz
on 8/12/13 10:27 am - FL

Can you get a second opinion on this?  Why was the suggestion made to wait?  Is there a legitimate reason, or is it possible that the therapist simply does not believe in weight loss surgery?  

If your trust the therapist and they do not have an issue with the surgery in general, then it may be best to heed the advice even though it's not what you wanted to hear.

Wishing you mush success on your journey...

cajungirl
on 8/12/13 10:33 am
I'd call and ask for them to approve because of your insurance concern. Therapy after is a good idea so explain you have no problem continuing therapy after surgery.
A second opinion wouldn't hurt or call your surgeon and discuss with him/her.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Mo Diggity
on 8/12/13 11:17 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I would talk to the psych doctor & tell her/him all of those concerns. Maybe if  you have an open, honest convo, they will see that you understand everything that is going on.

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

purpleswingline
on 8/12/13 11:42 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

Why did he want you to wait?

MSSEXXC74
on 8/12/13 11:52 am

I agree with the others ideas. But find out dr. Concerns and it never hurts to get another opinion. If you discuss the concerns and they are valid then maybe its best. But if he is a dr. That sees $$$ only from the extra counseling then you can keep on moving. My cousin went out of state to Vegas so she could bypass all the requirements and it was a huge mistake! Emotionally she wasn't ready. She ate 3 days after surgerY and again at 10 days. My eval. Really described the true me both times. sorry it sucks when u have your heart set on something and It turns out different

MSSEXXC