Very ill and cold feet with surgery around the corner

Lori F.
on 8/19/13 9:10 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I was really nervous before surgery too.  But I think that is pretty normal.  You are electing to have a surgery that will drastically change your life forever.  Who wouldn't be nervous?  I just pushed through and did my surgery in Dec 2012.  I am now down a total of 135 lbs (have 100 to go still), have gone down from a tight size 28 pant to a very loose 18, 5x top to an xl now.  I can walk up a flight a stairs and not want to die.  I can just walk and not get winded.  I can do 30 minutes of cardio and an hour of strength training now.  I can live my life and participate and I am no longer embarrassed of myself.  It was SOO worth it.  I have my life back already and it's just the beginning for me.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

lostinaparkinglot
on 8/20/13 12:52 pm - Stockton, CA

Congratulations on your success!

karenp8
on 8/19/13 11:02 pm - Brighton, IL

I was nervous too before surgery but knew it was what I needed to do. My diabetes is gone and my blood pressure is normal now one year after my surgery. I have lost 133 pounds and now wear a size 0 oR 1 down from a 24. I am living my life now instead of watching it pass me by!

dessalves
on 8/20/13 1:24 am

Hang in there, cold feet is so normal!! But just focus that this is the right thing and that in no time you will be feeling great!! I know that because I chickened out before and now that I am 5 weeks out I wish I hadn't. It is hard sometimes but you will get through it, don't worry. We are all here for you.

Like2Eat
on 8/20/13 11:44 am

I am still a long way from surgery, but I can certainly relate to your cold feet.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it has been helpful to me.  Also, many thanks to those that posted replies of reassurance.

Most Active
Recent Topics