Pre-Op Liquid diet and Da Vinci Robotic RNY Surgery

Sistaital
on 8/22/13 10:29 am

Greetings!

After almost a year, I am finally having surgery on Sept. 6! I started my pre-op liquid diet today, and so far, so good! I pray I can hang in there....

Anywhoo, I have two questions:

1. If you only manage to get in 56-58 grams of protein in a day, and the NUT says 60 is it ok to be a little short? I am trying to stay within the 800 calorie guideline, but some of the shakes I can handle calories either add up higher than 800 with 60 plus grams of protein, or the calorie**** 800 but I miss a few grams of the protein

2. My surgeon is using the Da Vinci robot for my surgery, has anyone had this used for their surgery? The docs said its very safe, and has great outcomes and the only negative things I have heard and read are problems related to non-gastric bypass surgery. Can anyone sare their experience with it?

Thanks and blessings
Ceithlenn
on 8/22/13 2:14 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I am on my pre-op right now and I have been getting about 100 grams of protein a day staying under the 800 calories. 

I have been using nectar (fuzzy navel with a squirt of mio tangerine) 100 calories and 25 grams of protein and I have also been using the lean shakes from GNC 170 calories for 25 grams of protein the strawberry one tastes like nesquick the chocolate tastes like cold hot chocolate. 

I would work hard to get all the protein now when you have you full stomach because if your struggling to get the protein in now it might be even harder after surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics