7 mths out disappointed...pics attached I think

misspeachpie
on 10/12/13 12:52 am - FL

Hi guys ,

I haven't posted in a while due to lack of motivation. I am 7 months out and not losing very much weight anymore. I've started to slip back into old habits and I'm so disappointed with myself. How many calories were you guys eating at 7 moths out? I would hate to think this is all the weight I gonna lose. I went from my HW of 337  SW 309 CW of 240. I've only lost 69lbs since surgery this within itself is disappointing.  see very much difference. Maybe I'm tripping. Attached is my before and after pics. The one on the left is 6/12 and the right pic is 9/13. I can't Is there anything I can do to jumpstart my weight loss again?

Photo: Transformation Tuesday... 107lbs gone forever. ..#Ilovemylife #finallyhappy #Idothisforhim #prettyplussizechic

averybyrd
on 10/12/13 12:58 am

First of all, there's a HUGE difference. You look great and should be so proud!

As far as losing weight, I'm sure everyone is going to tell you to "follow the rules." Protein first, limit carbs, no drinking while eating, etc. 

lindz
on 10/12/13 12:59 am - NY

Are you kidding! You look great. I can see a huge difference. Keep looking at your pics and dig down deep and find a way to let them motivate you. You really do look great. Keep on doing the right thing and you'll see what your waiting to see in good time. Remember this is a lifelong road, stay on it and keep with the rules and you'll be fine. You didn't go thru all this to stop in the middle of the journey and turn around.Hang in there, think good thoughts, it will all turn out the way you'd like.

START WT. 265     SURGERY WT. 233     CURRENT WT. 206.8

hockeydad2013
on 10/12/13 1:16 am - Canada
That is a huge difference, maybe you need a little with a little more exercise . Just try and remain positive and be near those who are positive with you

karisma99
on 10/12/13 1:33 am - CA

WOW!  Major difference.  I agree with the previous posters, get your protein first and keep exercising.  You are doing great so far!

JenniPenny
on 10/12/13 1:39 am - MN

You're doing fine - your pics look great. At 7 months I was on 700 calories per day, 900 at 9 months out, 1000-1200 for one year out and forever thereafter according to my doc. I adjusted that up or down depending on my activity level. I wasn't on any protein supplements (drinks or shakes) so if you are you're allowed a bit more in the calorie department. My meals for the first 12-18 months were protein only or mostly protein with a bite of veggies when I could fit it in. Make sure you're doing protein forward meals, lots of exercise and lots of water. Check with your surgeon or doctor and see where they want you to be with portions, calories, carbs per day, etc. I was on a bit over 1/2 cup of food at 7 months out - worked up to 1 cup to a cup and a quarter per meal at a year out. Track your food and exercise for a week, write down or log everything you put in your mouth. If you can find out where you need to make changes it's easier if it's all written in front of you. good luck -don't expect it to come off right away, it takes time. hang in there and find a good support group in your area - others can re-affirm your success and keep you on track.

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

misspeachpie
on 10/12/13 1:53 am - FL

Thank you so much. I needed that little pep talk. I'll jump back in the swing of things ASAP!

Thanks again.....

happygrandma
on 10/12/13 4:36 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

You look fantastic.  My loss has stalled at 189 pounds.  I know I have to get off the couch and move more to get it going again.  Try on one of your old outfits and you'll realize how much you've lost.  Good luck.

Mo Diggity
on 10/12/13 2:57 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

You look awesome, don't be so hard on yourself !! Although, I know we are our own worst critic :(  Good news is that you are CATCHING yourself slipping into old habits so you CAN change it !!! At least you're not sticking your head in the sand, pretending like you're not eating the wrong things & getting as big/bigger than you were before.... You can do this !!!!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Sherry T.
on 10/12/13 3:10 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

First, you are beautiful!  Even the before weight, I was like, WOW! When I hit six months, I saw a big difference on the scale too (like from 17 lbs a month to 9 lbs)...after 8 months, I'm now averaging 4 lbs a month...regardless of what I'm doing, less food, more food, no exercise, 3 times a week....I know I need to do more (atleast 5x's a week but I hope to get there!) and maybe that would pep things up...I'm trying to get more water too...but I'm within 10 lbs of what i was at 18 years old, so I know the changes are coming I just have to enjoy the process.  I do have a goal by my 2nd year checkup so I've got to stay focused but even at 4lbs a month, I'm going to make it so that keeps me steady and not freaking out that I'm not losing like I originally was.  And remember, it's about getting healthy and being happy.  :) easier said than done i know.  :)

Hang in there chicka! You're doing wonderful!!

Sherry

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views