Hey everybody! It's been a while!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/17/13 1:54 am - Baltimore, MD

Hey Friends!

It’s been a LONG time since I’ve posted but for some reason today I awakened with OH on the brain. I said to myself, I gotta post just to say hey and see what folks are up to!

As for me, life is…life. I’m 5.5 years post-op now and I can “pass for normal,” which I actually like. It took me a while to not be insecure about the amount of food I can eat BUT that acceptance came from the realization that while I can eat more food, I don’t have to eat a lot more calories! As always, it is our choices that define our journeys. So in all honesty, I actually like being able to finish a small plate of food and am glad my restriction has eased up. I by no means can eat as much as I did pre-op but when I make wise choices I am able to have a meal that satisfies my head, pouch and helps me maintain.

Speaking of maintenance I did have the dreaded bounce, but I’d already had that bounce last I was here. I weigh exactly the same as I did when I was last active on this board. My low weight was 172. I bounced back up to between 195 – 200. I now wear a size 12, where at my low weight I was getting into 8’s. I’m not too mad at that either. I’m curvy! Who can be mad at that?

It’s been a year and a half since my mom passed away. That blows my mind. I think abot her every day and her memory spurs me on to keep down this journey to better health, not only for myself but for my daughters and their daughters and their daughters too.

Some of you keep up with Bariatric Foodie and that’s going well! I love running the blog as it keeps me engaged in my process.

Oh…and I have…wait for it, wait for it…a boyfriend!

(I’ve historically been very anti-relationship so trust me this is a big deal!)

He’s a great guy and I’m pretty damned fond of him. (And trust me when I say that that sentence is more than most of my Facebook friends know about him! That’s all I have to say about that!)

I’ve also started grad school to get a master’s in communications so life is just…busy. But good. I think of you guys often and I’d love to promise I’ll post more but I don’t want to make a promise I can’t keep!

But I do promise to check-in periodically because this place gave me a great start in my post-op journey and will forever hold a special place in my heart.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

chris_ruff
on 10/17/13 2:03 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

so great to hear from you!

--Christina
chaly
on 10/17/13 2:13 am
RNY on 11/05/13

Thank you for the positive reinforcement that this works.  I'm sure many of us pre-surgery people feed off these stories daily.  I just stumbled across Bariatric Foodie the other day. I love that blog!!!!  Thank you, thank you!

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/17/13 2:26 am

It really has been a loooooooooooooooong time. Good to hear from you. Glad life is treating you well!

Kim S.
on 10/17/13 3:41 am - Helena, AL

Hey chick!  I was thinking about you recently (probably because BL 15 just started!!).  I'm glad life is going on just fine, AND A BOYFRIEND?!!  Now, that is news!  Good for you-stop by when you can.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/17/13 8:26 am - Baltimore, MD

I know I missed the premier!

I have this weird thing going on where the tv BUGS the hell out of me! 

It's like I can't process all the noise. I think there is something wrong with my brain. 

But I will deal if it means I get to watch Dolvett in action ;)

Thankfully "the boyfriend" isn't the jealous type!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Candy V.
on 10/17/13 4:32 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Glad you popped in to post.  Miss ya on here :)

I'm happy for you about the boyfriend lol

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

cajungirl
on 10/17/13 4:49 am

I saw something the other day on FB BF and thought there may be a guy in your life but didn't say anything as I didn't think it my place to be nosy, lol.

Congrats Nik on all aspects of your life, you have a lot going on.  I totally understand about losing a parent, my Dad's 2 year anniversary of his death is in 11 days and it's really hit me hard lately.  Add in the winter blues I always seem to get (yes I know it isn't here yet it still starts about this time every year) and I feel sad right now.  They say it gets easier, I hope so.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/17/13 8:25 am - Baltimore, MD

Have you gone to a doctor to get an official S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) diagnosis? There are treatments that can help!

I agree that I hope it gets easier. The milestone days are the hardest these days. Oddly enough MY birthday is harder on me than hers, which just passed!

Hugs. 

MyLady Heidi
on 10/17/13 4:54 am

YEAH You.  Sounds like life is good!  I like to hear that, it makes me think there is hope yet.

You have a boyfriend!!!!  Kewl!!!

Have fun and enjoy!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics