Moving Forward Endoscopy

bdaycakegirl
on 11/4/13 2:16 pm, edited 11/4/13 2:17 pm

I posted a while back that my surgeon is on limited hours due to his wife being very ill.

I got the call today that he opened up Nov 15 to do my endoscopy. That is the last thing I have on my list before they submit to insurance.

They are not scheduling any surgeries until January though. And things may change just depending. I am thinking mine will be in Feb. based on the timeline I'm hearing. That's a ways away, but really, with the holidays and all, not so very long. I am excited to get this next step done.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

rpatton06
on 11/4/13 2:23 pm
RNY on 11/20/13 with
Hi. I just had my endoscopy last week. It was a breeze! Good luck with your surgery
bdaycakegirl
on 11/4/13 2:27 pm

Good to hear! Did you get the "twilight sleep" or did they knock you out? I am getting the twilight. do you need any pain pills after?

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

PetHairMagnet
on 11/4/13 8:09 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My husband used to have them regularly for his GERD and never needed anything afterwards.

Glad you are getting this done so you can submit!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

debramontoya
on 11/5/13 12:19 am
RNY on 10/28/13
I had mine a month ago. Super easy. I got the "Michael Jackson" drug, propofol. My husband, myself and the nurses had a good giggle over that. But, holy cow, I can see why he was addicted. When I opened my eyes, it was a few minutes and I was sitting up and in a few more I was sent to get dressed. The guy in the bed next to me kept asking when he would get his EGD. I guess he didn't believe he was done . Within 30-45 min we were eating lunch and headed to dr for results.

Most Active
Recent Topics