Sterilizing the house before surgery?-Secret confession

SkinnyScientist
on 12/15/13 11:10 am

Hey.  Am I reading your ticker wrong? Did you really lose like 25 lbs in a month!?!?!? If so , WTG!  I am in awe...and I hope to be right behind you in this journey!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

DKD250
on 12/15/13 3:04 pm

I have lost about 25lbs but that is also including one week on liquid diet preop. I actually gained weight during my nutrition counseling so I am back down to the weight at my first appointment.  Good luck on our journey.

DKD250
on 12/15/13 3:13 pm

Also, I was up and walking two hours after surgery. It wasn't anything major: from my bed to the door. Once I got stronger, I made myself take a walk every hour. If I couldn't sleep, I was up walking.  Don't push yourself but I have found walking seemed to help with any discomfort: gas from surgery, pain from drinking too fast, body aches from hospital beds lol.  

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 1:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Other than the pervasive fur in my house (see name) :) that is there literally RIGHT after I have vacuumed, I pretty much have my house in 'come on over' condition all the time. I am very anti-chlorine, so I do not use bleach in my home, but I do use many natural items that are not harmful to the environment to keep my home clean. There was no need to prep either house prior to my surgery or after my recovery beyond making sure I had a sufficient supply of foods (really just liquids) per my plan on hand as well as foods for my husband and our teen son. My surgery was the Monday after our older son returned from college, so it looked like I was buying for a football team when I unpacked on that Sunday after Costco. :) 

To be fully transparent, the amount of time I spent home in my 1 week of post-op recovery was very little. I was out walking, walking, walking and when I was home it was to sleep. I went to the movies, mall and visited friends and walked in between, making sure I got several miles a day in from the get go (2.5 miles in the less than 24 hours I was in the hospital). 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

martitalinda
on 12/16/13 2:38 am

You are on to something!!! and I can relate..... I am soooooooooooooo excited for you!!!! What an awesome way to start the New Year and end the Old Year with your tool....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Ocalasam
on 12/16/13 3:30 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I do this "nesting" thing anytime I go on vacation, have a surgery, baby, etc.  I for some reason feel like EVERYTHING needs to be done before the event!

Most Active
Recent Topics