3 month surgiversary down 65lbs!

ruby8157
on 8/1/14 12:04 am

So Monday was my 3 months and I'm down 65lbs. I was one of those people who thought I wouldn't be successful but I feel like I'm doing pretty well! Have had several NSV moments: crossing my legs! Can wear some size large tops ( was a 2x) and am wearing some 16's and 18 pants ( still in W sizes though as I carry more weight in my hips and thighs) I'm not losing too much hair yet which is good. My energy level is so much better it's amazing! I still struggle eating meat especially beef and I'm not a dumper so have to be extra vigilant about sugar. Bread is still super hard to eat so I stay away from most carbs. Looking forward to the next 65lbs and a few more!! My friend calls me "3 bite Renee" because that's what I usually eat when we go out and box up the rest! 

yankeescl
on 8/1/14 12:25 am
RNY on 09/12/13

Congratulations!!!!

karenp8
on 8/1/14 1:03 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! 

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/14 4:29 am

You ARE doing well. Keep up your good work. Stay away from bad carbs, and follow your plan. 

My surgeon has remarked that I have lost in 6.5 months what some people take a year to lose. So stay on plan, eat for nutrition/fuel (not emotion or boredom) and exercise as much and to the degree you can.

I am proud of you for your bravery for undergoing surgery (it is brave to admit that mainstream ways arent working for you and having ANY surgery alone is scary), for following the rule, and changing your habits. If it were EASY more people would do it and keep the weight off forever!

Congrats!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !