NSV-3.6 miles/5K on the treadmill without training for it!ou c

SkinnyScientist
on 8/9/14 9:03 am

HI Gang,

I am loving life and exercise. Today I took my fiancee to the gym with me for motivation (I was in a "Dont want to work out mindset this morning).  

He picked the treadmill for "the machine of the day."  Now that I am 180, I remember when I trained for my FIRST 5K race. That was about 10 years ago and I was 182 lbs when I started training.

So, I decided to see what I could do on the treadmill today (no expectations...just a "feeler" to see what my limits were). I did a gentle jog between 3.5-3.8 mph (a fast speedwalker could go faster than me...I know) at a 0.5-1% incline. But when I saw the 2.8 mile mark tick up, I got really excited!

I was able to jog 3.6 miles (i.e. MORE THAN 5K) without surgery WITHOUT training for it.

This has never happened before in my natural life.  Ever.

My RNY surgery has given me my health and life back. It has actually given me back more!

Next friday, I shall see how jogging on land goes (i.e. belt on the treadmill "helps" the runner if they dont have an incline of 2% or more). Wish me luck.

With God's grace and some discipline, I believe I shall be jogging 5K fundraiser races in the fall!

:)

I am so happy I am crying. You cant see the happy tears, but they are there!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Nickeliz
on 8/9/14 11:54 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

Congratulations! What a great feeling!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/9/14 12:01 pm

Thanks!  

I notice that you are really close to goal!  Please accept my early "congrats"

:)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

dragonlove
on 8/9/14 12:19 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Congratulations!  I know it feels great!  My greatest exercise victory was a fire drill where I had to walk down the 20 flights of stairs and I wasn't totally exhausted and wiped out at the bottom! Now I go down the stairs for exercise!

Enjoy your fundraiser!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
Recent Topics