4 years out---food ideas as nothing seems to now work

Cathy_D
on 9/25/14 11:50 am - Canada

Hi all. I haven't been on the site in a few years---shame on me. However I feel the need to reach out. I had my surgery 4 years ago and lost almost 160 lbs. I am now 166. I have gained inches due to me not working out line before so that bums me out however it is my fault so I am back to the gym oct 1. That's not my issue. Here we go....

over the last six months I find nothing sits well when eating. It's like food is hard to go down and it is the same food as I always had. The carbs are easier to eat and I don't want to do that. Has anyone years out experienced this?  Regardless, what are people making for meals. I need protein and veggie ideas. I can't do pasta and breads, or fried, obviously. Sugar does not effect me and I rarely dumped. I am open to meal and snack ideas please. Thank you everyone in advance. I need to get back on track. Thank you!!!

poet_kelly
on 9/25/14 11:54 am - OH

What exactly do you mean by food is hard to go down?  Does it cause pain?  Nausea?  Vomiting?

If you've had problems with food going down for six months, I think it's time to see your doctor.  You might need an endoscopy to check for a stricture or other problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cathy_D
on 9/25/14 12:55 pm - Canada

Thanks for the idea. It's not nausea but more a fullness or feeling like I can't eat. Even when I haven't eaten in hours. Like I said I can eat things I shouldn't....like I have developed a little addiction to goldfish crackers.  It is an odd feeling as it isn't dump in or nausea I feel. Maybe I need to get it further explored. 

angel91e
on 9/25/14 12:50 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

I agree its worrisome if you had been doing well for years then suddenly have trouble eating.  I had a stricture form a few weeks after surgery and that was exactly how my body reacted to it. I suddenly couldn't tolerate even the stuff I had been eating from the day after surgery.  I know it might be hard to think of complications this far out but it's better to be safe than sorry in the long run.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and all the best of luck to you.

Angel 

Cathy_D
on 9/25/14 12:55 pm - Canada

Thanks Angel. Something to think about. I will keep u posted. 

crqvingchange
on 9/25/14 7:06 pm

You should check out the what are you eating thread that is posted every weekday (usually not weekends) on this forum.  Sometimes they get over 40 responses.  It's a fun read and gives great ideas for meals, snacks, and just living after WLS in general.  Plus the participants are super nice.

Cathy_D
on 10/2/14 11:16 am - Canada

Good suggestion. I will check it out. I really need good ideas. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/26/14 6:30 pm

Best get scooped.  It may be nothing or ulcer or boazar...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathyjs
on 9/30/14 4:04 am

Iam now13 years out and still have days / weeks where ican only eat a few bites then I have days I have to watch closely what I eat because I could eat too much. I find if I go for a long time without eating then I can only eat A few bites. I have maintained weight loss by exercise and making sure protein is my choice when I am in the ' I can't eat stage ' 

Cathy_D
on 10/2/14 11:16 am - Canada

Thanks for normalizing it. I need to get in more protein for sure. Not a fan is shakes 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 168 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views