NYC all day yesterday and pretty easy to stay on track

cspotrun
on 11/16/14 1:27 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Yesterday friends and I went to NYC to see If/Then with Idina Menzel.  It was phenomenal!

I'm relieved to report that I really did ok and even met my protein/vitamin/liquid goals while spending a full day in NYC with friends.  It did take some planning but it was oh so worth it to not feel guilty and not see any gain on the scale this morning.  The scale has been moving at a snail's pace lately, so I really can't let up on the accountability diet-wise.

I ate breakfast before I left:  scrambled egg with a piece of fresh mozzarella

I brought a turkey roll-up in my purse for a snack while walking around.  It was so cold out that it stayed fresh.

For lunch we went to a bar type restaurant and I ordered grilled shrimp.  Easy!

For dinner we went to Virgil's, which is a very large portioned barbecue type place.  My friends ordered hush puppies (which I love!), but I just didn't have any.  I figured I wouldn't be upset later by not having them, but would be upset later if I did.  I ordered a beef brisket sandwich, sauce on the side.  I only ordered the sandwich so I could take it home to my husband later, knowing he would like that.  I pulled out several slices of the brisket to what looked like 3 ounces to me, and ate that.  It was really good, and I was full.  Only 2 friends I was with know about my surgery, so the others were concerned about my small portion and the waiter also was concerned I didn't like it.  After all, it looked like I didn't touch the sandwich since I only took a few of the many many pieces of brisket out to eat.  O well, it was sweet they were concerned, and I was happy and satisfied.  Any my hubby had the sandwich this morning for breakfast, and now he is happy and satisfied LOL.

I brought 2 big bottles of flavored water in my purse and drank them throughout the day.  Also had water at both restaurants before eating.  I packed my vitamins in a ziploc and took them throughout the day also.  I do need to get a little pill container for days like this.

Also, my fitbit reports that I had 15000+ steps.  If it weren't so expensive, I would do this every weekend!

I just feel like life is back to normal now, and it's really a great feeling.

Karen   

jenn1469
on 11/16/14 4:17 am

great job  good for you.

Jennifer

cspotrun
on 11/16/14 4:45 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks!  It's not even that it's such an accomplishment, it's just that this would've caused me anxiety a couple months ago, but now it's pretty easy and I'm more in the habit of planning.  Just good to be on this end.

Karen   

jenn1469
on 11/16/14 4:48 am

Actually I stopped taking anxiety mess a few months ago I think feeling better about myself has helped me

Jennifer

cspotrun
on 11/16/14 4:54 am
RNY on 07/01/14

interesting!  well good for you.  must be nice to be off them.

Karen   

GodsChildII
on 11/16/14 5:14 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Great success story!

cspotrun
on 11/16/14 5:49 am
RNY on 07/01/14

thanks so much!

Karen   

Emiepie
on 11/16/14 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You did awesome! Great job!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cspotrun
on 11/16/14 12:45 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks!

Karen   

NYMom222
on 11/16/14 1:23 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sounds like a fun day and a great success. I live on Long Island and am looking forward to going into the city one day over the Holidays... haven't been since my surgery. I think the planning ahead is important.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics