shouldn't I feel hungry by now?

Mybratboys3
on 12/22/14 11:45 pm

I get what you're saying and believe me I have TRIED everything including plugging my nose. If I could chug it , no problem, but that's not an option. It's not that I don't like it, I do a lot of things I don't like because I have to, but I physically can't swallow it. 

ebonymc
on 12/23/14 1:14 am, edited 12/23/14 1:21 am

I haven't had the surgery yet, but I believe that there are liquid proteins that you could use.  Maybe if you add that to your skim milk, tea and maybe flavored water, you may be able to get that protein in.  I happen to like protein shakes and drank them during the time that I had the band and even before.  I hope that once I have the surgery, I would/could continue to tolerate or like them. If not, I will try the liquid if it's allowed. Keep trying!

Mybratboys3
on 12/23/14 9:19 am

I GOT A VANILLA SHAKE DOWN WITH THE HELP OF HALF A BANANA LIQUIFIED REALLY WELL.  TOMORROW I TRY FOR 2 SHAKES

sqlchick19
on 12/23/14 10:07 am
RNY on 12/15/14

I'm 8 days out, and here's how I'm getting the protein shake down.  (It's the only way I can currently tolerate). I measure out 1 cup ice cubes and then water (fills in the nooks) up to the 1 cup line.  1 scoop of unjury protein, tablespoon of FF SF jello pudding mix (white chocolate, butterscotch, pistachio, fudge are all good w the choc protein).  I put in nutribullet and make a slushy.  Eat with a spoon.

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

SkinnyScientist
on 12/23/14 9:54 pm

What Chulbert said. I never got "hunger" back in the same way.  Pre-op was a feeling of extreme physical pain my stomach, followed by nauseau and shakiness if I did not eat.  It was a lion that could not be ignored.

Now it is ignorable. It is more of an abstract idea.  I sometimes feel a bit hungry every now and then but my current signs for hungery are shakiness/being grouchy for no reason/distraction while accompanied by a little feeling in the vicinity of my stomach.

it is really different. And I like it.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

catalina07
on 12/23/14 11:19 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Try Ensure High Protein. That is the best tasting one I have had so far. Also Premier Protein shakes are good. I can't do the powder thing. I like the premade drinks better. Good Luck

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 157 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?