What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 1/20/15 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Heyo!  I'm feeling a little 'meh' today about things.  I'm annoyed that my husband and son keep eating my yogurt.  I'm mad that it was too damn cold to walk last night.  I'm irritated that nothing sounds good food-wise and that I need to think about it all the time anyway.  I think I need a massage or something.  One thing I am looking forward to is leaving work early on Friday so I can take myself shopping at Destiny.  I need new bras like it's my job.  Plus, Imma get myself a FitBit!  Should I go Flex or One?  Or Charge?

B:  Coffee with half and half and a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese and Good Bean smoky chili and lime chickpeas.  Is this a weird combo?  It sounds good in my head...

S:  Fiber Gourmet wheat thinables and a wedge of queso fresco Laughing Cow

L:  the last of the Italian turkey meatballs 

S:  Dole banana dippers

D:  chipotle lime chicken sausage and sautéed cabbage

TOTALS: (if nothing changes, which it probably will):  Cals:  800  Protein:  63  Carbs:  72  Fat:  34

mamata2
on 1/20/15 10:42 pm

Totally understand the new bra thing!  I finally broke down and bought a new one.  I went from a 40F to a 32FF.  WTH?  The scary thing is that the new bra is starting to get too big too...  I love losing weight but I really hate losing all of the perkiness out of the girls :P

karenp8
on 1/20/15 11:50 pm - Brighton, IL

That's okay my girls are just bags of skin now. There's so little there I look best with a padded camisole. I didn't have much even heavy but the girls were the first thing to go. So not fair!

Lady_bugg
on 1/20/15 11:52 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

My solution to the 'other people eating my food' situation - I have a basket that I put in the fridge with my foods in it.  Everyone knows that it is mine and they can't eat it without asking.  I'll share sometimes, but then it is my choice and I know that I won't say Yes if I'm getting low on something.  Right now it has my yogurts, cheese squares, and pepperoni in it.  I also portion out some of my meals and put sticky notes on them. 

And - good for you for buying new bras and a Fit Bit.  Have fun with your shopping. 

AngryViking
on 1/21/15 12:03 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Maybe I'll get a label maker during my spree.  It'll be just like the fridge here at work.  LOL

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/15 12:18 am

I have my own cabinet in my kitchen. I hope you are feeling better today. The winter can just make you feel crappy.

AZPatty
on 1/21/15 12:26 am
RNY on 02/25/14

The Fit*****arge HR just released yesterday. It has the heart rate monitor and is only $20 more than the charge. I ordered it from Amazon with overnight shipping. I will get it today. It was $149 but from the reviews over the past few months it suggested waiting to buy a Fitbit until the Charge HR came out. Some of the stores don't evenhave it in stock yet. 

Dcgirl
on 1/21/15 2:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG I got the glossy, fancy email about the Charge HR and now I want it!!!!

But I have a One that works perfectly well and I love not wearing it as a bracelet so I guess I will hold off.  Let us know how your new one is!  I am coveting from afar :)

NYMom222
on 1/21/15 2:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I just bought new bras. On Amazon actually...hahaha... but they were the same styles as ones I already owned. Got three for $60. I figure that was good. If you get a Fitbit I would say the choice is between the One or the Charge. The flex doesn't count stairs. Both the One and the Charge count stairs and you can see your progress without looking at your phone or computer. I had bought a flex and returned it because I only have an iphone 4 and it wouldn't sync reliably. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't for days. Always synced with my computer. But it kind of isn't motivating if you can only check at the end of the day. I returned mine. Considering it again now that they have the new one out.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dcgirl
on 1/21/15 4:25 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

The best thing I did was get new bras (and a fitting) at Nordstrom's about six months post-op.  Of course I outgrew them quickly and spending $70 on a bra you will outgrow quickly sucks but MAN life is better when the ladies are supported!  I have a FitBit One and it TOTALLY motivates me!  I kind of want the Charge HR however.  But I like that I wear the One on my bra so it's not a big rubber bracelet.

Sorry you're feeling meh - could be the weather too.  I am also occasionally irritated by a whole lot of nothing.  It always passes :)