Thank you RNY friends!

Felicity Q.
on 9/18/15 5:19 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Hello RNY friends!  I have to say that I am SO thankful to you over the past few months in helping me learn more about healthy eating and life after WLS.  (Besides bringing misery, I don't really count my Lap-Band as a real WLS, but I digress.)  Everyone here is so wonderful to offer words of advice, encouragement, and support. I am so happy to have found the OH community and to have had the chance to get to know so many of you.

I wanted to let y'all know that I have decided to 'switch' my surgery of choice for my revision from the RNY to the DS. I wrote more about my reason behind the switch in my blog, if anyone wanted to know more about the 'whys' behind the change of heart.

I won't be going anywhere though! I will still be lurking and posting words of encouragement; you just won't see me asking RNY questions or posting my daily menu.  Hopefully I am still welcome to lurk on other surgery boards... I am going to keep doing it until y'all shoo me away!

My surgery date is the same- Sept 28th! Liquid diet starts Monday. I can't wait to join the loser's bench, and hopefully there isn't a fence between the DS bench and RNY bench!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

MickeyDee
on 9/18/15 6:00 pm

Hey, no "surgery wars" from me!  Do what works for you.

We'll see you on the Loser's Bench.

peachpie
on 9/18/15 7:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm interested to follow your success. Initially I wanted DS but my surgeons office talked it down a bit, partially cause they don't do them often, and partly because they felt I could be equally successful with RNY. 

Can't wait to see you shrink!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LadyBaltimore
on 9/18/15 8:46 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi Felicity Q-  Absolutely keep hanging around in here!   The surgery may be different, but we're all on the same team.  *hugs*  No fences here!  

Happy Friday,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

cc583
on 9/18/15 9:48 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I am lucky enough to call you my friend! I will be following you around as well so we can shrink together! Don't even think of not lurking around the RNY boards!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

karenp8
on 9/19/15 4:57 am - Brighton, IL

You are still welcome here no matter what surgery you have. And good for you for researching and doing what feels best for you. That's what we each have to do. Still looking forward to you checking in with us and letting us know how your amazing journey is going. And it will be amazing!

selhard
on 9/18/15 10:10 pm, edited 9/18/15 10:29 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

If I read correctly, I learned on OH, there are two types of RNY--proximal and distal.   A distal RNY is similar to a DS.   Since I recently found out I had a distal RNY, please share what you know you will have to do differently with a DS versus RNY (my WLS was in 2012 and I am still needing to learn, relearn, and repeat).

White Dove
on 9/18/15 10:33 pm, edited 9/18/15 10:33 pm - Warren, OH

If you have not already, please contact vitalady.  Both she and her husband had distal RNY and are experts on how to maintain a healthy life and weight after the surgery. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 9/19/15 6:32 am

Good luck to you!! Please remember to ALWAYS take your vitamins. This is even more important after the DS. You have to become your own advocate and keep track of all your numbers.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/19/15 7:00 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Do what's best for you - there are medical reasons that support each surgery.

We will keep a spot for you here on the 'Losers Bench.'

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 26 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views