1 year Surgaversary!!!

Peppermint73
on 3/16/16 8:57 pm - Canada

I can't believe one year has passed already. I started out 262lbs and have proudly lost 75lbs. I am a size 12 -14 and loving it. I never thought I would love going to the gym as much as I do. I am much happier and Have this confidence inside me I never knew I had. I sometimes catch myself staring in the mirror and the image looking back is amazing. 

Pro's-

Love my new figure and the energy I have to go out and want to be active everyday.

The confidence is wonderful. It's like it opened up a door in my brain I thought was welded shut. I am more out spoken and want to be in the pictures instead of just taking the pictures.

I'm off most of my medications or it's been greatly reduced. I still take Levamire insulin but a much less dose. I no longer take Victoza and Novo Rapid. No more cholesterol or high blood pressure pills.

My Achilles tendinitis is 99% healed. No more plantar phasciitis, low back pain, leg pain.

I still occasionally still get a nauseated feeling when I eat certain meats. Turkey, pork chops and depends on the cut of steak. All other meats are good. I rarely eat breads, rice, potatoes or pasta. I like the flat breads to make wraps with. I plan my meals 2 to 3 days in advance and I find it works out well. 

Con's

And one of the biggest disappointment is, I shop in stores now that I have never been into before and the funny thing is I don't necessarily like the style of clothes sometimes. Or I'm really disappointed about the quality of the garment for the money you pay. I thought I would be going crazy buying all sorts of new clothes but not the case. See there maybe few plus size stores but I found the quality good. The so called "regular" size stores I have to go through the racks to find a quality piece that will last more that one season. But I am having fun doing it. Anyone know of good quality stores that aren't just a one season trend?

I have lost most of the fat on my ass so now my bony butt hurts to sit down on 50% of and surface. LOL!

All Bran buds and water are my best friends. LOL. I had HORRIBLE constipation in the beginning. But after introducing a 1/4 cup of all bran buds in my Activia everyday, it has been wonderful. No more constipation. Pffeewww! (cuz it was not pretty)

I have loose hanging skin on my arms and stomach. sometimes I have to wear shape-wear to keep it tucked in when I wear and outfit more fitted to me or when I go to the gym to jog so its not jiggling too much. The muscle training has help a little bit but just a little.

I still struggle sometimes with certain food choices. Most of the time I make the right decision but there are other times I have been stuck running errands and I have no food with me. I sometimes go to Mcdonald's and get a snack wrap this grilled chicken. I feel so guilty sometimes.  I have to make sure no more than 3 hrs go by without eating or else I start to feel a little energy drainage and light headed.

There is so much more I could write but it's quickly becoming a long post. LOL

I would like to thank all of you for your support and posts whether it be bad or good I have enjoyed reading them all. This is an excellent support site. It's been a great year and look forward to the rest of my life. 

heather1963
on 3/16/16 11:32 pm

Congratulations! I am nearing my surgiversary in a week and am amazed at the difference in me too! I am down 92 pounds and am so grateful. I struggle every day with my sugar addiction, but am thrilled with my new shape. I want to keep it! I am not a fan of my sagginess, but I would rather be saggy and healthy!

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/17/16 6:19 am - Canada

Congratulations on year #1 !!!!  So many things to celebrate !!!!

Wishing you continued success and happiness always.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Pokemom
on 3/17/16 8:13 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Good for you for your work and success.  I understand the unhappiness with clothing choices--it is easier, but not easy, right?

Also, I really honed in on your Achilles healing.  I have a chronic Achilles injury and I know how debilitating that can be, so I am super duper happy for you on that one especially!  (Envious as well.)

RNY_elizabeth
on 3/17/16 8:51 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I have been having a tough time with the clothing at 'regular size' stores too.  They aren't as well made and I find that when I lose a few pounds once again Nothing Fits!  When I wore a size 20 I could easily gain/lose 20 pounds without needing to change clothes.  Somehow in the smaller sizes there is little flexibility.  I am still enjoying the process and wouldn't go back but it is just weird that small changes on a smaller body are so noticeable. 

Congratulations and keep up the great work!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Kathy S.
on 3/17/16 8:54 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations Peppermint!  Get ready to live life as its meant to be lived!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

leseratte
on 3/18/16 1:22 am - Kingston, ON,, Canada

Good Job Peppermint! And thank you for your long and honest post!

RNY 03/02/2016

In Pounds: HW 296, SW 292, M1:-34, M2:-8, M3:-13, M4:-16, M5:-12, M6:-11, M7:-9, M8:-8, M9:-5, M10:-4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics