I need help

kimberlygpena
on 6/4/16 7:24 am - Angleton, TX
RNY on 09/24/13

Good Morning,

I had my surgery in 2913 lost a total of 125 but gained 20 back. I am disgusted that I have fallen back into my old habits due to stress at home sand work. I want to get back on track but need some advice.

I am not sure where to start. I have started logging on myfitnesspalmwood. I best anywhere between 950 to 1000 calories a day 71 gms of carbs and 80 to 90 gms of protein. I have problems mostly with getting all my protein if I don't use protein shakes. 

Can someone recommend some protein that taste well with water? I have used Syntrax Nectar but I am pretty burned out on the few that I actually like.

I am getting back on track so that I can lose the last 60 lbs that I would like to lose. Any advice is appreciated I just some help and this forum has helped me from the time I first looking I to the surgery to now. I also use use pictures to remind me of where I started and to where I am now mentally and physical.

karenp8
on 6/4/16 8:07 am - Brighton, IL

Kudos to you for taking the biggest step and asking for help! If you post a menu with what a days food looks like we could help more easily. I would say that most of what you eat needs to be dense protein like eggs,meat or seafood to get your protein numbers in without shakes. That dense protein will keep you feeling satisfied much longer than liquid shakes which essentially go right through your pouch. I am about 4 years out lost all my excess weight and have maintained for about 3 years. Most of my meals are 3 to 4 ounces of a meat and 1/2 c non starchy veggies like green beans,broccoli or cauliflower. If you post a menu others may have some ideas too. You can take this weight plus more off when you get a plan together.

The Salty Hag
on 6/4/16 8:09 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Honestly, your best bet at losing regain is avoiding shakes altogether. I know it can be difficult to make the protein goals without shakes, but it can be done. Adding in one 4 oz baked or grilled chicken breast a day will give you about the same calories and and protein count as most shakes and leave you satisfied longer. 

I don't know which shakes taste best with water, but Atkins had come out with a protein drink called Lift. The stats aren't too awful, and it's whey protein isolate, which is what we absorb best. One bottle has 90 calories and 20 g of protein and 2 g of carbs...and no sugar. I have no clue how they taste. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

crafty_gal
on 6/7/16 2:29 pm
RNY on 04/26/16
On June 4, 2016 at 3:09 PM Pacific Time, Audrey- The Hag who Needs Coffee wrote:

Honestly, your best bet at losing regain is avoiding shakes altogether. I know it can be difficult to make the protein goals without shakes, but it can be done. Adding in one 4 oz baked or grilled chicken breast a day will give you about the same calories and and protein count as most shakes and leave you satisfied longer. 

I don't know which shakes taste best with water, but Atkins had come out with a protein drink called Lift. The stats aren't too awful, and it's whey protein isolate, which is what we absorb best. One bottle has 90 calories and 20 g of protein and 2 g of carbs...and no sugar. I have no clue how they taste. 

They taste better than ISOPURE, for what it's worth. I wouldn't buy them again myself, and gave away the other 5 bottles after drinking half of one.

HW: 333 Consult Weight: 318 SW: 293

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/4/16 12:30 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try this

https://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com/

Helps to get back on track. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

The Salty Hag
on 6/4/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

You're a genius for posting this, T! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

karenp8
on 6/4/16 3:40 pm - Brighton, IL

Love this T!

hollykim
on 6/4/16 4:57 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 4, 2016 at 2:24 PM Pacific Time, kimberlygpena wrote:

Good Morning,

I had my surgery in 2913 lost a total of 125 but gained 20 back. I am disgusted that I have fallen back into my old habits due to stress at home sand work. I want to get back on track but need some advice.

I am not sure where to start. I have started logging on myfitnesspalmwood. I best anywhere between 950 to 1000 calories a day 71 gms of carbs and 80 to 90 gms of protein. I have problems mostly with getting all my protein if I don't use protein shakes. 

Can someone recommend some protein that taste well with water? I have used Syntrax Nectar but I am pretty burned out on the few that I actually like.

I am getting back on track so that I can lose the last 60 lbs that I would like to lose. Any advice is appreciated I just some help and this forum has helped me from the time I first looking I to the surgery to now. I also use use pictures to remind me of where I started and to where I am now mentally and physical.

71 carbs is more than I ate in 2.5 days during the losing phase. The more carbs you eat, the less body fat you will burn.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/4/16 9:04 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I could never lose eating that many carbs.  I average 35 to 40 TOTAL per day.  I also use dense protein rather than protein shakes.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NYMom222
on 6/5/16 5:26 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes, as others have said your carbs are high for losing weight. My Surgeon's Mantra always was: Protein first, then veggies and then if you have any room fruit and then (starchy) carbs. He never said no carbs, just put it at the end of the list.

While I still do use protein drinks to keep my numbers up, I do agree dense protein stays with you longest. I find a protein drink in the AM, is OK because I am not really hungry... any other time of day, it is a 'snack' and doesn't hold me.

Not sure why you only want protein mixed with water. If it is a lactose issue make sure you are getting 100% whey protein Isolate. Which we should be using anyway as it is the best absorbed... isolate has no lactose. I use Fairlife milk, higher protein and lower carbs and is lactose-free. I also use Silk unsweetened cashew milk. 25 calories a cup, to me it tastes much better than almond milk. My choice depends on flavor, calorie count and protein count. If a powder has high protein already, I use the cashew.

The Inspire brand from Bariatriceating.com is very good.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics