What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/23/16 3:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay for Saturday! And Yay for OH Meetups! In just a few hours our very own Daisy and her hubby are traveling from Toronto to Boston to spend a super fun weekend with me and Grim. We are showing them all of the sights and will definitely get our steps in this weekend! And we are going to TWO ballgames! Tonight we are seeing a minor league team that feeds into their beloved Blue Jays, and then tomorrow we head to Fenway Park t see the Red Sox. I am so excited! Photos to come!  

I thought I'd share some details from my 1 year follow up appointment with the surgeon, too. She's really great, generally. I have known her for 7 years since she also placed my band. I really like and respect her. However...I have had two post op symptoms that I don't think she is taking seriously. First is that my iron levels SUCK. Every day I take: 2 slow FE, 6 carbonyl, wear an iron patch, and my multi is high in iron, and (thanks to Grim) I actually eat red meat, now... And guess what. It DROPPED in the last three months. Whaaa? So I really wanted her to take it seriously and offer me an infusion, but instead she is taking the "wait and see" approach. I already went past her and made an appoinment with my primary care doc to see if she will care. The other symptoms that I want her to take more seriously is an elevated heart rate. It skyrocketed after surgery and still hasn't come down, a year later. She says I am fine. It is not that I don't believe her, but I am also making a cardiology appointment. I don't know how you can determine I am fine without doing a test or two, right? Anyway, the good news is that she is happy with my weight and wants me to stay where I am :)

QOTD: OK, I have a song stuck in my head. For at least 48 hours I have been singing the entirety of the "cups" song, You're Gonna Miss Me, over and over and over and over! It's a cute song and all, but I am really ready for a new earworm. What's stuck in your head, right now?

Menu:

Since Daisy is coming the menu is really up in the air. But this morning we are heading to a diner for breakfast, so I will probably get an egg and bacon. And tonight we are at the ballgame during dinner, so I'll either get a burger or chicken tenders... But the middle of the day is really dependent on where we end up. As always, I will have a purse full of high protein snacks for all of us :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Deanna798
on 7/23/16 4:48 am, edited 7/22/16 9:49 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning! How exciting for you guys getting together with Daisy and  hubby.  This is my current situation: 

We are on the road,  heading out on our vacation.  We will be driving this morning and will be to Lexington, KY  after lunch.  I have a cooler full of lunch meat, boiled eggs, and fresh veggies that we will be having for lunch and any snacking. 

I don't really have a plan,  some we're traveling,  but I'm going to do my best to eat protein forward.  I'll post my menu from toasty,  tomorrow.  MFP is my friend.  

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

ETA: forgot the QOTD: no ear worm right now, but hubby found an old school hiphop station and I'm just waiting until we get out of signal range. I will try to sync my phone and play stuff from my music library.  We have very different musical tastes. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Queen JB
on 7/23/16 4:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's a super cute pic. Looks like you are ready for a fun road trip! Have a great time :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/23/16 8:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have so much fun! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 7/23/16 12:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the pic!!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 7/23/16 5:28 am - Brighton, IL

Wish I was closer  so I could be part of this Meet up! So jealous of you all. Deanna looks like she is having a fun road trip too and here I sit at home getting ready to go do laundry. Of course I'm doing laundry so we have clean clothes to go camping tomorrow so there is That! I'm ready to be gone now!! No songs stuck in my head at this moment but one that is frequently stuck there is Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett. Also love the new Tim McGraw song Humble and Kind. Definitely a country music junkie here. Post op almost 47 months and weight at 118.6 today. Lily and I have our 3.2 miles done already and I'll do another 1.5 miles after dinner when it cools down. Got another scorcher today. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli ham and cheese rollups 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz polish sausage 1/2 c sauerkraut S mission 1 chocolate chip cookie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some wise choices!

Kakesie
on 7/23/16 6:20 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Saturday everyone!

I hope Daisy & hubby have a great time with "The Grims"!  And lots of fun to everyone else who has great weekend plans!

QOTD:  Surprisingly I don't have a song stuck in my head right now which is weird because I almost ALWAYS do.  Usually it's something silly like "Happy Birthday" or a Christmas Carol or some crazy thing from TV.

Yesterday I ate:  almonds, a Clif protein bar, moon cheese (YUM), a hamburger patty, watermelon and a Clif protein bar.  Today will probably be similar.

Have a FANTASTIC Weekend everybody!

~ Karen   

peachpie
on 7/23/16 7:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I love that you post what you are the day before-- gives a truer picture. Most days my 3rd and fourth meals are educated guesses. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 7/23/16 8:25 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks Shauna!  

stacyrg
on 7/23/16 7:38 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Sorry to hear she's not taking you seriously. Those to symptoms would be concerning to me, particularly the iron since you take so much and eat iron rich foods. Hope your PCP takes you seriously. I'm looking forward to today.  When I was pre op my surgeon told me I could go back to the gym at 3 weeks to lift weights as long as I limit to 1/2 the weight I lifted pre surgery.  3 weeks was yesterday so I'm headed to a circuit class at 9!

JBQOTD: I didn't wake up with one, but my alarm went off to demons by imagine dragons and it's still there!

my plan:

B: protein shake

L:???

D: lemon garlic salmon

S: decaf skinny vanilla latte light and fit

No totals given the gaping hole at lunch 

Have fun with Daisy and Arun!  I'm so jealous  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views